• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Good old days...

In the long term, violent crime in the United States has been in decline since colonial times.[6] However, during the early 20th century, crime rates in the United States were higher compared to parts of Western Europe. For example, 198 homicides were recorded in the American city of Chicago in 1916, a city of slightly over 2 million at the time. This level of crime was not exceptional when compared to other American cities such as New York, but was much higher relative to European cities, such as London, which then had three times the population but recorded only 45 homicides in the same year.[7]

After World War II, crime rates increased in the United States, peaking from the 1970s to the early 1990s. Violent crime nearly quadrupled between 1960 and its peak in 1991. Property crime more than doubled over the same period. Since the 1990s, however, crime in the United States has declined steeply.

My dad didn't believe in an ole fashioned hand spanking. He used a leather belt with rhinestones. Fortunately for me the rhinestones were gone by the time he practiced disciplining me. Can't say that for my older brothers though. :eek:

These guys did their fair share of screwing up a generation as well:

Teletubbies-006.jpg

The captain kangaroo guy, I am assuming is in the red, looks like he is going to bust out singing with a silver, corded microphone any minute now "She's a lady" by Tom Jones all 70's style.

And those alien things, are those tele tubbies, (spelled right?). Those things looks like insane aliens with rabbit ear antennas on their heads!

Although...if you looks closely, they DO resemble some of the ham radio guys you see at hamfests. Kinda nerdy, antennas built into their hats, trying to contact aliens... think about it.

Reactions: 1 person
For me, it didn't get any better than Looney Tunes, Mr. Rogers, and The Electric Company (but, what did I know, I was a kid, LOL).

LooneyTunesWallpaper800.jpg

mister-rogers-obama-school-speech.jpg

electric_company_main.jpg

**Jump_im**

WOW!

Morgan freeman came a long way. I had a huge crush on the girl with the short hair on zoom. WERE GONNA ZOOM ZOOM ZOOMAH ZOOM, WERE GONNA TEACH YOU TO FLY HIGH!

The best bit of advice I ever got came from Big Bird on Sesame Street. In one show he said "If you don't know what to do, figure it out". That's the best advice ever and it's served me well!!

Too bad there are so many people out there posting to the internet asking others to spoon feed them the solution to even the most simple challenge or decision. I've always said Mike Judge had it right with the movie "Idiocracy" :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.