• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Good Older Amp for a Galaxy 95t2

When ever I see these questions I think one of two things 1)"Is this guy trolling us?" 2)" Did this guy seriously just ask this question with no shame?"?????

Sure just go find yourself a 16-32 transistor all Toshiba box! Then get an extra alternator, Super Cap's or Lipo batteries.

The smart move would be to get a lower power radio to open up your options to realistic choices that will be affordable and work with a mostly stock electrical system.

I seldom run more than a 1-2 transistor amp and I talk to the entire world when skip is running. I often talk further than most with a lot less power than most. I would either run the radio as is and think about adding voice compression to it to make better use of the power it already makes or move it to base station duty! A 2 transistor radio on a decent base antenna especially a set of beams would be serious fun!

This is why I have a long chassis sweet sixteen that I drive only with a 2950DX or Galaxy Pluto. The extra power I'd get from driving it harder than that would never be noticed and it will last me forever. I have a 667 that I have beat to within an inch of its life and it hasn't failed me yet, but that's also why I got the sweet sixteen. I don't want it to die.
My first experience with a TS Sweet16 and 3200 where in 1991 in H.S. in Hinesville Ga.! It was a Black man a soldier driving a Cadillac with the first open air capacitor antenna I had seen as well. He was using a Summerkamp RCI2950 Clone and a Sweet 16. The Sweet 16 was blown and he was upgrading to a 3200 that was already prepped. I was so blown away by the Sweet 16 and 3200 I did not even ask about the rest of the system.

I am currently drinking and a bit buzzed so I can not recall the name now but the alternator was huge similar to what you would see on a commercial diesel power unit. I do mean huge. Looked more like a pre-alternator generator scaled up.

I remember my mentor mentor Fred Balatine Hinesville Electronic Repair repairing the Sweet 16.

I had just ordered my RCI2950 from HRO in 1991.

An old school radio like the original RCI2950 and old 1990's and older CB's are fantastic with a TS667 but not his radio!

Reactions: 999

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.