• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Good test for Sirio 2008

Greg T

WDX-945 (Jazz Singer) Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Sep 18, 2014
Escanaba, Michigan
Major ice storm hit last night and is still raging this morning. I stepped out to check my 2008 and found that it is covered in ice (about 2+" in diameter) and bending at a 90° angle. I pulled out my cam and shot this. It was much worse than this at one point but I wasn't going to stand there any longer. SWR at this time is at 1.9:1

Major ice storm hit last night and is still raging this morning. I stepped out to check my 2008 and found that it is covered in ice (about 2+" in diameter) and bending at a 90° angle. I pulled out my cam and shot this. It was much worse than this at one point but I wasn't going to stand there any longer. SWR at this time is at 1.9:1

Glad to see it's a well made antenna built to stand up to the weather conditions, Can't wait to get mine up!!

Reactions: Rwb and Greg T
well thats a relief. we be miles apart but weather can be the same here as there.
hard to belive how much diffrent the 2008 out performs the a 99. lower swr across more bands too

Another major storm last night. 75 MPH winds, hail, and lasted for quite some time. Power lines, trees and buildings down around the entire U.P. My neighbor lost a tree. My Sirio 2008 is standing tall and straight!! I have to test it, yet, to make sure nothing is broken, but a visual on it tells me it's fine.​

Another major storm last night. 75 MPH winds, hail, and lasted for quite some time. Power lines, trees and buildings down around the entire U.P. My neighbor lost a tree. My Sirio 2008 is standing tall and straight!! I have to test it, yet, to make sure nothing is broken, but a visual on it tells me it's fine.​

now thats great news.we been having lots of high winds and i watch mine bow which ever way wind is blowing and i see no damage.very low vswr on several bands. im like you 1 of the best antennas built

im curious,how far you got the bird catcher extended? i got mine at 14.8" and several bands are showing low vswr like from 26.700 to 27.600.
10 meters is about 1 to 8

I just don't remember. I remember doing the math and figuring out where to put it to tune the system to channel 35 but I can't remember if the actual number

Reactions: Rwb
I just don't remember. I remember doing the math and figuring out where to put it to tune the system to channel 35 but I can't remember if the actual number
im thinking i shoula bought that rubber ring to help the radials though. mine do chatter at times in hard wind

Reactions: AmericanEagle575

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated