• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got Knobs

Off hand I would say that's what happens when you cram a 400 watt amplifier into a radio and do a fair amount of talking. Now if your hardly talking and the heat sink stays cool but this knob gets hot then you might have to contact the shop that you bought it from.

Thanks for the advice. I’ve learned just enough over the years to be dangerous. One of these days I’ll hit the books a little more.

That’s what I thought too. I turned it off and still got warm.
I was only kidding my friend, sometimes my sarcasm isn't caught. It's really odd that one control pot gets hot and only that one. I really have nothing to offer other than a smart ass comment so I'll zip it!

Please report back on the odd case of a hot echo pot, it'd be interesting to know the findings.

I was only kidding my friend, sometimes my sarcasm isn't caught. It's really odd that one control pot gets hot and only that one. I really have nothing to offer other than a smart ass comment so I'll zip it!

Please report back on the odd case of a hot echo pot, it'd be interesting to know the findings.
I knew there was some sarcasm in there. I like a little echo but too much is too much. Some don’t like it at all. I really tried that before I posted. With the amount of CB knowledge I have, it seemed like a good idea.

Reactions: walterjn

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated