• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got my cb base up and running!!

AmericanEagle575

Supporting Sr. Member WDX-1863
Feb 17, 2016
Bellefonte,Pennsylvania
Well my base is up and slowly running, I know my antenna isn't in the best location at the moment but its a start. My swr was 1.5 on 1 and 40 so I am not complaining,so far everything works good! Have a great day and God Bless you all!!

Attachments

• 0730181501a.jpg
    0730181501a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 92
  • 0730181500.jpg
    0730181500.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 93
  • 0730181501.jpg
    0730181501.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 90
  • 0730181501_Burst01.jpg
    0730181501_Burst01.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 89

Well my base is up and slowly running, I know my antenna isn't in the best location at the moment but its a start. My swr was 1.5 on 1 and 40 so I am not complaining,so far everything works good! Have a great day and God Bless you all!!

Cool.
Might want to keep an eye out for Mudfoot's OCD parade rainers. :cautious::D

Reactions: kaos513 and Dmans

Station looks good, Eagle. (y)
Couldn't help but notice you have a lot of books beginning with the word Killing. Hopefully, those are Bill O'Reilly books and not instructional manuals. :whistle:

Reactions: 357magnum
I could do an extensive write up with some of my odd experience included but it's more useful if I work with the individual constraints. If I have a QTH and a few pics of special considerations I'm not wasting time on generalities or war stories.

PM a QTH and particulars and I'll do what I do .

QTH
Restrictions
particulars like cants and shouldn'ts
band(s) of interest
TX , RX or TRX (both)
Tools on hand
fools on hand
Available equipment beyond SWR meter. (analyzer or GDO and Noise bridge)

Repeat after me ...
Where there is a will, there is a corpse
If you can't baffle them with brilliance , beat them senseless with it.
feedpoint impedance and VSWR have little in common and are not interchangeable.
Amazing how much they resemble orchids.
Some antenna is better than none.
More antenna is usually better. (not always)
Anything worth doing is better than two in the bush. (get it as clear of obstructions as possible)
Half wave feed line resonance sucks
Half wave monopoles blow
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch TANSTAAFL . (or, a no radials needed vertical)
girls are evil, so are helically wound verticals.
Women are batshit crazy (ask one), so are fractional wavelength horizontal loops
Resistance is not futile. It's often needed opposite the feedpoint in a fractional wavelength horizontal loop.
Never confuse using resistance to tame a fractional wavelength horizontal loop with using resistance to combat a batshit crazy woman. (this varies between futile and suicidal)
Ground everything
When it comes to tuners Pi-L are your friend.
Patriotism is a wonderful thing when it allows for flag poles.
Pump it up, suck it down. The reverse of all those ads that keep popping up on your screen. (engineering available on request)
Addendum to "Pump it up, suck it down" Patio umbrellas make for a great elevated ground plane (see ground everything) .
When in doubt , shunt (feed)
If you haven't already convinced your neighbors you're crazy , do it now before weird things start appearing in your yard. If they are convince you're crazy maybe they'll leave you alone. If you need help with crazy , ask her. She's had some practice. (better yet have her do crazy and you stick to the engineering)
Beauty is in the eye of the lease holder. Home improvement can double as effective radiators.
If moma says no it isn't worth it . See batshit crazy above and you've wasted your time reading this. Maybe you need to pay more attention to those "Pump it up" ads.

All for now

Let me see if I have this right.
You'll gladly help anyone with their antenna problem solving if they provide you the pertinent information and are wearing their big boy panties.

Fair enough. (y)

Reactions: Grinder74
Hello American Eagle 575.. running exact same radio and Di-pole.. I do ok shooting skip..
Running the same radio and Di-pole.. make a lot of contacts with it.. 73 Rick

If I see Kopcicles' point of view...

Resistance is Ohmic, Reactance is Conjugate, and Impedance is Inevitable...

I just have a Chinese Elm out back on the fence line I'd love to use for 1/2 Wave Bottom Load (JD-Stik or Big Stik) about 70' high and cannot be permanent mounting - but a rope sling and copper tubing can be worked with...about 50' from house and not a problem with coax lengths - just want it buried...

The Coax, that is, and hide the antenna - I'd like it hidden... if that helps...

Last edited:
Great Start American Eagle ! I have been looking @ those ( and hearing about ) those wire dipoles for way too many years ! In the near future I'm going to buy one of those ! I have seen many such as " Dr Dipole " listed ! Yes , I know how to make one and have all the pieces to do it , I'm just getting Old and Lazy ! :ROFLMAO: Besides Iv'e seen them listed around or under $30 . I chatted with a gentleman once who had one hanging in his attic in TX ,I must say I was quite impressed ! Good Luck ! 73 and God Bless , Leo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.