• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Grant LT mic?

jeffrice6

Jul 6, 2005
Hello all, I just ordered a new Grant LT and I was wondering what upgrade mic would be good for this radio? I saw people seem to like the Astatic 575 and Road King 56. I have no clue on the subject so any help would be appreciated.

hello jeffrice the mics you mentioned are good everybody have there own choices of mics that they like..
d104m6 good loud mic
575 good mic hard to come by now days.
rk56 good noise canceling mic for the mobile it
it depends on how you like to sound your choice listen on the radio
get i idea of of what sounds good..

Great Radio !!! Depends on your voice how just about any mic will sound ? Will you have the radio tuned for performance ? that will come into play as well , the mic's you mentioned are good ones , even the stock mic can sound very nice depending on the tune up , I ran a 575M6 for 2 decades ,then I switched to a Rk-56 , because of the tuning of the radio of my choice, no back ground noise and can almost sound like a base station on wheels ,but again I say ,tuning has a lot to do with it. Good luck to you , Nice radio all the same !! SK

If I have the radio modified and tuned up, do I even want a power mic, or would i be better served with a noise canceling mic? I want to be load but most importantly I want to be clean. I found a 575 online for like $40, just want to know if this would be good with a tuned LT? Thanks

the power mic adds a little punch in your audio.
i still use my stock mike for my cobra 148 it sounds on the bassy side.but if i wanted blazzing loud i drop the d104.

jeffrice6 said:
Hello all, I just ordered a new Grant LT and I was wondering what upgrade mic would be good for this radio? I saw people seem to like the Astatic 575 and Road King 56. I have no clue on the subject so any help would be appreciated.

Get a variety of modulation checks with the stock microphone first. I have a Uniden PC-122XL that sounds perfect with the stock microphone.

I still like the old turners +2 & +3 hand helds I use one on my 2980 with great reports i have used the astatic line but they are not as reliable but they do sound good depending on you voice just my 2 cents if you are in a big rig with a lot of back ground noise the rk- 56 and the astatic 636l would be my choice

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.