• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Grant LT Tuneup

jeffrice6

Jul 6, 2005
I recently received my new Grant Lt and I had a couple of question for all you out there. First off, where or who would you recommend sending it to be “tuned up” ? Secondly what mods work well with radio? I don’t need anything crazy, I just want a clean, strong sending / receiving loud radio. And finally what should I expect to pay for such mods? Thanks everybody your advice is priceless.

hey jeff. I have someone that will do mods for you. I think he's cheaper than anyone i can think of. Give me a pm and i will give you his # and you can do buisness with him. CDX197

GREAT RADIO JEFF !!! A lot can be done to it as well ,extra channels off the chip.NPC mod (AM type swing kit from the lower carrier for driving a amp if need be) a good echo board is nice on those as well,or maybe even a wired in TR-350 Freq counter is a very nice touch ,but your talking cheap here so a basic little tune up (25 to 35 dollars) will more then likely be all that you would need. You have yourself a very nice radio there ,would pay to have things done right on it if at all possible.

Since they advertise here and have some kind of sale going, contact Justin at Communications Experts. A standard peak tune and alignment from them should rock. They might even up-grade a part er two.

I have a Grant LT set up by Justin at Communications Experts. It is my favorite CB. He put a GaAsFET front end on it (rx mod), and made some adjustments to the TX audio which made it sound real nice and smooooooth. He also tuned it up to do about 25 watts. I highly recommend the setup!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.