• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GRATE ANTENNA SWITH FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITYS

Stellasarat

Sep 17, 2013
I purchased a four way antenna switch from italian company Zatagie. Purchased it off eBay. It's a four way, 500 watt max. Thay also sell three and two antenna switchs. Unlike most switchs, there's uses push button switchs. Exactly like an on off wall mounted light switch. Most all others use turn knobs, that are often difficult to turn especially for those of us with disabilitys such as arthritis or spinal injuries. I'd give it two thumbs up, if I could! LOL.

SORRY DEPARK

I don't know how to share a link. Go to eBay. Search cb antenna switchs. Choose the condition, new. It's Zetagi model V4. It's well made, handles 350 for sure and most important the switching from antenna to antenna or radio to radio is effortless. The switchs, switch like melted butter.

Do you have a link?

heres one with 2 consumer reviews http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBTzsQ.T1TJ0sATWFXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzZDJkNTI0BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM0N18x/RV=2/RE=1396599185/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.amazon.co.uk%2fZetagi-V4-4-Way-Antenna-Switch%2fdp%2fB00427KFT8/RK=0/RS=PyGgw43d10oavRK8HdXIXL3TcII-

kinda looks like BOTH reviewers think they are POS:blink:

well, it looks like the linky won't work,............ here is a c & p of the 2 reviews,..... YMMV

By Ric
In my opinion just about everything that could have been done wrong with the manufacture of an RF switch is wrong with this V4 Radio Antenna switch. 1. Box painted inside. 2, No other screen connections other than by two small screws that screw each socket to the painted metal box. 3. the wires inside cross each other, are not insulated and are too small. 4. the sockets have poor contact with PL259 plugs. (Goodness knows what's going on inside the rocker switches, I didn't try to open one to find out!) Using this little box I found the following, with 3 long wire antennas all connected to UnUns then to RG58 good quality coax downleads. 1. Total signal loss of distant SW stations and that was with just one long wire connected to one input. Total distortion and loss of distant SW stations when another antenna was connected to the box. Even more distortion when a third long wire antenna was connected to the box. Yes, the atu was retuned each time to check. To compare this one with another switch I used the CX-201 two way coax RF switch supplied by Haydon radio and a similar switch made by Moonraker. (There is a 4 way version if required). Although, I preferred the CX-201 from Haydon, it was a little more expensive. But, there was no signal loss whatsoever using either the Haydon or the Moonraker switch. There was no distortion either, using either of the two antennas when both were connected to the switch or when one was connected and the other wasn't. Same for the third antenna. No distortion or signal loss. I am returning my Zetagi V4 to the seller!

Comment |
Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No

1.0 out of 5 stars i bouf=ght oen of these form another retailer as a radio ham they are fine for up to 30mhz but previous rating is woring 4 Mar 2012
By Mr. A. J. Mansfield
should be zero everhting the review says about conections is true will have to rewire it properly with insulated cable next week to get it to work for uhf like the paperwork saye, in the box zetagi claim its good for upto 500mhz nope its only good for the bin. I know as have had an antenna (w300) and 2m beam) tested using mfg269pro analyser that was swr of of 1.2 on antennas on 2m and 70cm witht he switch in line swr 3 this will damage radios it will be gooing noware near my 857 till i ahev reqwired it and tested it if it does not work will be going in bin. get a watson or haydon or diamnond coax switch alot better quality

WOW!

I'm so pssed at myself. As soon as I saw it I thought, this is what I need. It just never thought to see if I could get a review of the item online. Although I saw no difference in the performance of my output or swr, just the fact that I could damage my equipment scares the shit outa me. It's still inline and will be disconnected tomorrow. It's going back from where it came. Thank you guys for possibley saving my gear. I will never purchase another item without getting a few online reviews. I'm sure no one with a disability jumped on line and bought one but I, truly apologize for recommending junk. I used it twice for a total of 45 minutes. I hope I haven't damaged anything. All seemed fine when I last was on air. I'm actually happy I posted that information. Otherwise I might have been one sorry mofo. Can you exsplain what types of damage a poorly constructed antenna switch can cause. Boy this learning curve is killing me.

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like crap.

Why would you say that? It is made by that fine Italian manufacturer of high quality electronics gear Zetagi. ;)

Yeah, toggle switches or rocker switches are NOT great for RF switching. IN this case there are always two in line. Very poor idea.

Stellasarat, these type of switches create what is called an impedance bump in the line. That is they are anything but 50 ohms and while at CB frequencies it may not affect the SWR too much they are not well suited for RF switching and especially not at the power level listed on the Zetagi website. A well designed switch actually approximates a transmission line inside and should be invisible to the RF signal.

THANK'S.

For now I will just keep one radio inline. When I want to switch to another I will use the original switch I was using, "YO! Sweetheart, get in here and switch these cables for me! It's unfortunate those types of switchs aren't ideal for an antenna switch. Thay made it a lot easier then, Yo! Sweetheart! I will do research on anything I'm thinking of purchasing. Another fine lesson by the members of WWDX.once again I thank yall.

Reactions: 1 person
ITS GOING BACK ON MONDAY. STILL NEED A SWITCH

The seller agreed to take it back no questions asked. So I'd still like to purchase a three or four way antenna switch. Anyone have any suggestions on an excellent made switch. It will be used with 3 or four tube type transcivers all 11 meters. I'm also using the base amp that has a 35 amp power supply combo. There's no name on the amp but I've been using it on high power as there's hight med. low. I think it may be that Palomar elite 500 that comes with many different names printed on them.It's pushing out about 300. It's the first amp I've ever used without tubes and gets excellent reports on am. Using it wit a sonar 2340. My current antenna is an inverted V dipole. Sorry. Back to my question. I need one in which the knobs for switching aren't that difficult to turn but thats no a prerequisite .I've modified many items for easy use. I'm looking for a quality switch. Once I get it I'm sure I will be able to make the knobs turn easily with some clothespins and rubberbands some tape and bubble gum. I always gettem working. When I say get the knobs turning easily I mean an external mod. Maybe adding a small lever to each knob. I would like something that can handle atleast 1000 watts as I'm sure ill pull something outta the closet eventually. Necessity is the mother of invention. I'm my opinion is the truest statement ever made.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.