• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Great conditions on 10 meter

airplane1

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 15, 2005
Lebanon county PA
Like I need to tell anyone lol. It seems to be here to stay for a while. Many ops in AK 20 over 9 here in PA. These guys had ultra big pileups for hours on end. I tried and tried for a good solid 3 hours and did not get through. I must get my AL811 in line and the mosley put together and mounted, 100 watts and an Imax just did not cut it lol.

I will try again tomorrow,
AP

Like I need to tell anyone lol. It seems to be here to stay for a while. Many ops in AK 20 over 9 here in PA. These guys had ultra big pileups for hours on end. I tried and tried for a good solid 3 hours and did not get through. I must get my AL811 in line and the mosley put together and mounted, 100 watts and an Imax just did not cut it lol.

AP

Heck worked a bunch here with 80 watts and a R7

Yea, I usualy work anyone I hear with my 100 watts and Imax but these guys were running a KW or more and large beams from what they were saying. I just could not compete with that lol.

AP

That's odd. I can work the world on 10 meters with my HTX-100 and 25 watts. Piece of cake with 100. I sold my last amp almost 6 months ago.

10 mtrs IS BOOMING

Yes But so nice to have my Alpha 9500/AL82-for the Rare Dx QSO,
usually can work most stations with 90 watts-yesterday had my QRP
on the air and worked Asiatic Russia,Guinea,Bulgaria,Slovenia,Argentina
Brazil,Crete,and Malta with my FT817-Grat Dxconditions-like the early
70s-hope 10 stays open for yrs now-till 2014 I think.Good luck and may
the DX Gods be with you.73/DX

Paul-K8PG-CW IS THE FIRST and ONLY MODE.

10 meters

I run 30 watts max on 10 meters on digital..jt-65, olivia, rtty, mt63,psk31,psk63 the last 2 days..
Ant...invee, homebrew at 22 feet...
I have wrkd..christmas island, france, germany, denmark, spain, austria, england,scotland,wales ,norway, a ton of russians, 3 pages in the log book..
all on 30 watts...
*** Looking for French Polynesia now, he was on 30 cw this am, hopefully drift to 10 soon...

I dont think you need the amplifier, but each his own..
DOCTOR/795

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated