• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ground plane on a trailer

cphilip

Sep 10, 2006
Clemson SC
www.cphilip.com
Wanting to stick an antenna on a 6 X 10 foot V nosed Aluminum skinned box Motorcyle hauler trailer of mine. It's basicaly a steel framework with an Aluminum skin. I think it's Aluminum anyway. Some sort of metalic skin at least. I am wondering if I am going to get enough ground plain, or is it plane? well... whatever... you know what I mean. if I do this or should I be thinking about a NGP type antenna?

Has anyone ever stuck one up on one of these box trailer things?

It's going about as slap dab in the middle as I can get. Probably 3 foot fiberglass stick up on top of that. Any ideas about what I might run into as far as getting a good plain?

Super... I will give it a test out. I will be somewhat suprised NOT to get a good field of ground plane though over that large an expanse of surface... but seem to find it mentioned on trailer applications. However I suspected those applications had Aluminum struts as well as skins. And this is not the case I have here.... And to day... Never ran into it... but there is always a first time for everything I suppose.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.