• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Grundig broke ?

Weebles, wooble but they don't fall down!

Hand capacitance is happening here.... caused by a bad or missing ground or shield. The SSB and SYNC are essentially an inserted carrier that you tune with the VFO and fine tune with the BFO. The schematics for this radio are not to be had so it is a tough one to work on. The simple cure may be an alignment! <More audio> There is a Yahoo group for the Grundig G3 and I am a moderator there, more answers can be found....

73 mechanic

Hand capacitance is happening here.... caused by a bad or missing ground or shield. The SSB and SYNC are essentially an inserted carrier that you tune with the VFO and fine tune with the BFO. The schematics for this radio are not to be had so it is a tough one to work on. The simple cure may be an alignment! <More audio> There is a Yahoo group for the Grundig G3 and I am a moderator there, more answers can be found....

73 mechanic

Okay i guess i should take it apart and see if i can find something broke? This sucks because its brand new.:bdh:

If it is brand new; then it should be under a warranty. So, don't open it up; but send it back. That is what I would do.

Dnt have gift reciept? But I do have all the boxing and stuff. Not going to open it because I am sure its similar inside to the g6.

The G6 and the G3 are different animals based on the same design! The G3 uses a dedicated "radio on a chip" built right here is the USA by Silicon Industries.... Only real problem with it is that it is deaf above 21 megs. Minor problems are intermods and images along with some after stage IF mixing problems. :cry:
The G6 is an older and dare I say analog design? I have one but it is really over sensitive on receive and has troubles with images on the bands when they are crowded.... I have to "PAD" the signals to rid the excess! Other than that it is a neat and tiny rig! :)

73 mechanic

The G6 and the G3 are different animals based on the same design! The G3 uses a dedicated "radio on a chip" built right here is the USA by Silicon Industries.... Only real problem with it is that it is deaf above 21 megs. Minor problems are intermods and images along with some after stage IF mixing problems. :cry:
The G6 is an older and dare I say analog design? I have one but it is really over sensitive on receive and has troubles with images on the bands when they are crowded.... I have to "PAD" the signals to rid the excess! Other than that it is a neat and tiny rig! :)

73 mechanic

Good to know. Well got the receipt for the g3. So I guess ill exchange it for another. Insted of sending it out paying shipping and all that riffraph.

I enjoy the g6 a lot but ssb is easier to tune on the g3, and the g3 pics up 27mhz much better than the g6 wit a dipole but there both pretty deph after 24mhz.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Ok made the exchange, wow what a difference! Sw is once again much more beautiful!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.