• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Guitar Amplifier Cap. question.

Low_Boy

Jan 21, 2010
Rochester N.Y.
I am putting together a guitar amplifier and have a question about a couple brands of 450 Volt capacitors.
I am trying to buy what I need from one seller. Parts Express and a seller on eBay both have what I want but I am not sure of either brand. The parts express capacitors are listed as there brand. The brand the seller on eBay offers are Supertech. There is another popular brand called F&T out of Germany but the one Cap alone is about $15.00 with out shipping for a 33UF 450 Volt capacitor. Can it be that much better? Has anyone ever herd of or used the Supertech and what are thoughts on Parts Express brand?
Thanks

Reactions: Handy Andy

Thanks DR DX. I actually found a place called Hoffman Amps he had a bunch of parts I needed so I ordered the caps. from him along with the other parts. His prices were fair. So I just went with him. Thanks

Reactions: Handy Andy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.