• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

h%y

jon666

Jan 24, 2006
did h%y get busted. the online store
has been closed for some time now.
not that i would ever buy from them.
the last time i looked at there site. they had no amps or 10 meter radios
for sale.just curios.

You talking about these guys?

http://hyelectronics.us/

There seems to be another site, same similar address, just a dot com, but it's down.

I was reading some gripes and complaints about a company of the same name, that was based in Kentucky. These folks, judging from their area code, are in Kentucky. These folks also sell 10 meters, amps, etc. Didn't see anything about them being busted, but it does look like they've recently felt compelled to start over.

I have bought from them in the past. Had ok luck, except with a couple of mis-pulled items that were more trouble than they were worth to return. Not sure if they were shut down or not, but I see the web site is down.

Brett

I worked with them for a short while, they quit paying the bill so I had to cut them off.
Some of the units I repaired I still have since there is an automatic Mechanics Lien when I take the cover off.(Bench Fee) If they don't pay their bill they don't get the equipment back.
It is a real shame it has gone down hill, I knew the "Old man" who was the founder of the company and he more than generous to me.
I won't go into any more detail but the other "CB" store here is also a family member who split off when an argument broke out.

They might be moving or going into bankruptcy. They had been saying that they wanted to get close to the truck stops and set up a quick "Fix it up Shop."

I'll drive by there tomorrow to see if they are still there.

Last edited:
yeah i know the story.
if i remember right they are brothers. web sites been down over 2 weeks.
and before that they pulled all the not so legal stuff. from the site. i don't think they got busted
if that was the case copper would be down also.

yeah i know the story.
if i remember right they are brothers. web sites been down over 2 weeks..

Actually it was Father and son squabble. I don't know the exact reasons since that all happened long before I met the father.

Copper and H&Y are two different entities altogether. Copper had to buy all of the RM Italy amps from H&Y since H&Y had the exclusive rights for distribution in the US.
The father was sharp as a tack in business dealings.

You talking about these guys?

http://hyelectronics.us/

There seems to be another site, same similar address, just a dot com, but it's down.

I was reading some gripes and complaints about a company of the same name, that was based in Kentucky. These folks, judging from their area code, are in Kentucky. These folks also sell 10 meters, amps, etc. Didn't see anything about them being busted, but it does look like they've recently felt compelled to start over.

Yep that's them. They were banned from eBay and had to change the internet service provider.

yes father and son. my mistake.
its been a long time ago i bought from them.both h%y and copper. i buy from gijoes now.
they have always treated me right

Jokerman electronics took all of their customers. :LOL:
No body had to take their customers, they ran away.
I live three miles from Copper Electronics and about 1/4 of a mile from H&Y.
I still buy from Copper electronics. I go in to will call tell them what I want and they put it on the counter and I put my money down.
I don't buy from H&Y at all because they still have not put any money on their bill.

There is two ebay sellers with near same items for sale and near same names , ky something and Kentucky something or another. Sells amps from same City.

Edit infact one was called dixie drift or similar selling kl amps on ebay, the other ky. Something.

No body had to take their customers, they ran away.
I live three miles from Copper Electronics and about 1/4 of a mile from H&Y.
I still buy from Copper electronics. I go in to will call tell them what I want and they put it on the counter and I put my money down.
I don't buy from H&Y at all because they still have not put any money on their bill.

Copper confirmed they have 203p in stock via email.. What are the odds they will ship one?

Copper confirmed they have 203p in stock via email.. What are the odds they will ship one?
I couldn't tell you for sure. Like I said I walk, in they put my order, on the counter, I put my money down. I will say more people have better luck with Copper Electronics. Use PAYPAL to make your purchase. Also do not waste the money on the "P" model. It has reliability problems because of the receive function and it really does no good.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.