• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

h%y

Oh, I don't know. I have a 203P; it has served me well, thus far.

I don't always use the pre-amp function, as it often (as per the general complaint) pulls in a lot of extra noise.

But, I did use it, last night. It is occasionally useful for pulling in some weaker signals. I was hoping to get some information on the I40 shut down in Needles, but I all I got was, first, the ramblings of some redneck that sounded like he'd had a little too much of that high-speed chicken feed, followed by (as speed boy was fading out) the non-stop babbling of some old boy on his 3rd gallon of Old Crow. Both those cats kept the mic keyed, and their jaws on auto-pilot. Seriously, how can you talk, non-stop, for more than an hour, and say nothing, at all?

But, I digress. My equipment performed as it should; it is certainly not the fault of the pre-amp function of my 203p, that the information that I received was useless.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

There is two ebay sellers with near same items for sale and near same names , ky something and Kentucky something or another. Sells amps from same City.

Edit infact one was called dixie drift or similar selling kl amps on ebay, the other ky. Something.
The guy that builds those amps is using fets and I don't know how good or bad he is or if he knows how to bias fets.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio