• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hackjob mods on a Magnum Deltaforce?

Turbo T

Certified CB Rambo
Feb 2, 2011
Thought I'd post some pics of a Magnum Deltaforce I picked up. It all started when I found the radio doing a 1 watt swing to 10 on low, 4 watt swing to 15 on high, and 30 w. on SSB. Went to open it up to bump up the AM modulation a bit, and here's what I saw.

I have no idea who did this, other than it was probably a truck stop CB shop. I can't even find anything on what mods these are. Perhaps someone here knows?

Here's my personal favorite:

Nice solder job....

Bleedover mod? For the Dosy meter to show "tham thar BEEEEG watts"....? LOL

Another shot of my favorite mod....I don't think even CB tricks shows this one....

Iron must've been a little hot that day....but R239 looks removed.....

Let's see....what happens when you undo one leg of the C137 cap, resolder it elsewhere, then snip R163 and solder it to the IC chip?

Underside of the board where the big blue cap is.....notice the big blob of solder...

More madness.....

Wait....not done yet....

And one more.....

Hopefully your eyes are not bleeding now....perhaps someone can please shed some light on what these mods are supposed to be?

Amazing what people will do to a radio and to try and gain what?

I say If you want big power get an amp, if you want big modulation, get a better mic and turn up the mic gain and the AMC inside the radio. Other than that, leave the radio alone or buy a better radio to start with!

I agree fourstringburn.....and while this radio seems to work ok (on AM, haven't tried SSB yet) why anyone would do this is beyond me. I plan to fix it as I like the radio, just not how it was butchered. I've noticed the receive on AM is quiet compared to SSB or FM....has me wondering if that's what one of the mods is?

I agree fourstringburn.....and while this radio seems to work ok (on AM, haven't tried SSB yet) why anyone would do this is beyond me. I plan to fix it as I like the radio, just not how it was butchered. I've noticed the receive on AM is quiet compared to SSB or FM....has me wondering if that's what one of the mods is?
It will definitely keep you out of trouble for awhile fixing it up.

id send it to a warranty repair center even though its outta warranty
bobscb= may not be accept mail in not sure
mountain view electronics = think thats right??

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.