• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

had my radio stolen

I just read through the transformers wiki entry as I was going to make a very funny and timely joke about how some other transformer was involved but to hell with it...anyone capable of reading that jumbled nonsense and coming out with a winning joke has a lot more time on their hands than I do.

The main transformers are Optimus Prime, Prowl, Ratchet, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream, Blitzwing, and Lugnut.
(Shamelessly copied from WIKI)

Come on GLR, go for it.

That always makes you feel a little sick. They punched the lock out of the door of my F150 at the Park-and-Ride and took my Grant. To be honest... I've been afraid to put anything else in for fear that they'll do it again. It doesn't cost them anything to punch a lock out.....

I had a 4 year old F150 stolen and it had a Uniden Grant XL and a Hurricane 350 in it. Couldn't care less about the truck but I missed the radio equipment.

That always makes you feel a little sick. They punched the lock out of the door of my F150 at the Park-and-Ride and took my Grant. To be honest... I've been afraid to put anything else in for fear that they'll do it again. It doesn't cost them anything to punch a lock out.....

Never leave ID or a garage door opener in the vehicle when you use a park and Ride....then they know where you live and can get in. I leave nothing in the truck whatsoever and no one in their right mind steals a Ford Ranger so I am OK there.

One of our higher education customers outfits the university classrooms with good quality projectors that are $3500 - 5k or in some cases much more expensive.

As a rule we install a sonic alarm along with it.
The alarm is epoxied to the projector and has a flat phone line wire that is looped through the ceiling mount which is just a mechanical connection.
Once the wire circuit is opened by cutting it a 120+ dB tone goes off.

They called once to request a replacement for one lecture hall.

They said that in the middle of the day someone got a ladder, took apart the mount, and cut the wire.
The person walked slowly through the occupied building and out to a vehicle and drove away.
The whole time the alarm was sounding.
Students and faculty were looking to see what was going on.

No one questioned the person.
No one reported anything for days.

In some locations we actual install steel cages around the projectors.

It is believed that the underclassmen will take anything that is not nailed down.
The post graduate students are more interested it their future.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.