• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Halcon Alpha plus 397

Sickpuppy22

Nov 24, 2008
Montreal,Quebec.Canada
Not long ago i purchased a Halcon Alpha plus 397 Amateur Antenna and im quite impressed with it thus far being at only 20 feet from feed point ( not trusting the 3 10 foot sections of my mast lol),

Here are the specs as follows,

Nb: they are metric

Working Frequency ....................10M
Impedance................................50 Ohm
Gain.........................................9 Db ISO
Polarization................................Vertical
V.S.W.R....................................1.2:1
Max Power input.........................1500 Watts
Length approx............................6.60 meters
Weight.....................................2.80kg
Wind resistance..........................120km/h

Assembly is pretty straight forward as the Coil and bottom section is already put together and tuned , all that is left to do is insert each corresponding section witch have two self tapping screws holes are pre drilled.

one thing i dont like about this is the screws dont go all the way to the other side, so i will be fixing that with so ss bolts and nuts.

The coaxial connection is "Weather proofed" little Rubber booty that overlaps the connection witch is a plus. As for tuning i got it down to,

Ch1 1.2
Ch20 1.1
Ch40 1.4

I did not bother to go further in fine tuning as i got fed up of undoing my guy wires and detaching the mast lol, so i went to my local ham store and ordered a PDC5 for 40 bucks.

When i get my tower and get it to 36 feet ill really see how it performs, so far its doing good hitting the island of montreal witch is 8 miles away and having the coil obstructed by my roof a tad.

Here are some pictures, and if any of you older fellas have ever used one of these i'd would like to hear what you thought of it as there is not much documentation on this thing.

http://www.worldwidedx.com/members/...n-alpha-plus-397-picture1057-picture-004.html

Have a good day.

Sickpuppy

Edited: just reread it again sober ( pain meds for teeth) i saw i missed the actual length sorry about that.

Last edited:

Aside from the 'length' spec cited, it appears to be fairly 'normal'.
- 'Doc

It isn't anything except personal preference, but I like clamps rather than screws/bolts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.