• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

hams harassing cbers what can be done?

I feel if I report them then they will make up a lie and say im using an amp or an illegal radio and im not im using a stock president washington with no amp and an antron.

If you are running a legal station I would not worry about it.
gather as much info as you can and send it to the FCC , have as many guys in your area do the same, it will take a lot of noise to get them to act.
It matters not if they are Hams or CB`ers or what ever....just make as much noise as you can with the FCC and keep it up.
In fact, you might want to see if there are any other "Hams" in the area that will help you out.
Most Amateur Radio Operators Do NOT condone this type on conduct.
Is there a Club in your Area that has Meeting`s?
Find out.
Go to a Meeting, talk to some of the members....you might be surprised at the results.
Not Every Ham in the world hate`s CB op`s.
There was the same kind of thing going on where I lived many years ago, and it took a lot of us writing letters to the FCC, making complaints to the Sheriff`s Dept, writing letters to our District Representative.....you get the Idea.
You have to become a large pain in the Ass to anyone and everyone that might be able to do something about it and keep it up.
It took over a year before The FCC with the help of the local Sheriff`s office took action and solved the problem.
And contrary to what some may think, it did not turn into a sweep of the whole town, they focused only on the individuals that were listed in the complaints.
Even back then, the FCC field agents did not have time to spend running around town looking for everyone with an Amp.

Jeff

grow a pair too

Am I the first to call the poster, who joined this month, a TROLL? You all fell for this hook, line and dipole.

you may be the first one to call him a troll, but you are not the first one to think it:whistle:

Make sure its legit.. It would be fairly simple for someone to look up online, all the local ham 's in your area and just start using there call signs to make you think it is the local hams doing this. sometimes things are not as they seem.
would hate to see you go on the offensive against someone who has no clue what is going on and wasn't really involved at all.
(also works the other way around, if a c.b.er is harrassing hams for gods sake make sure you got the right perpetrator)
also, in your post you didnt mention,, are the local c.b.ers running amps and washing out the ham bands?. I got a couple of knuckleheads here where i live on c.b. that are bleeding over 10 mhz a side.. and actually i am kinda getting sick of it,, ( but I am not the type to harrass people ,though the thought has crossed my mind.):mad:

... are the local c.b.ers running amps and washing out the ham bands?. I got a couple of knuckleheads here where i live on c.b. that are bleeding over 10 mhz a side.. and actually i am kinda getting sick of it,, ( but I am not the type to harrass people ,though the thought has crossed my mind.):mad:

"... bleeding over 10 mhz a side..." ????? 10 MHz each way,:cry:

if their rf were bothering me, i GUARANTEE it would stop (no "harrassment" involved).

That my friend is what you get when a few guys take there radios into Billy Bobs basement and setup shop. Clipping or pulling limiters adding echo a D104 and a linear amplifer to overdrive the snot out of through a Vertical antenna in a 360 degree radius while there buddies are telling them how bodatious they sound. :eek::confused::censored:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1