• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Has Anyone Ordered Baofeng Radios From Amazon?

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I need to order about 5 cheap vhf/uhf radios for an upcoming event. Today I found that Amazon is selling these Baofengs for a ridiculously low price: a little over $30.

Does anyone have any experience ordering these from Amazon? Side note: My event is in about 3 weeks so I don't have time for the slow boat from China...

Amazon product ASIN B009MAKWC0

Yes, bought at least 8 units. They came from two different vendors that were associated with Amazon, quickly shipped too. No problems at all and I know several others that purchased dozens. The vendors were stateside.

I have bought three (separately), and had good luck every time. My vendors were stateside as well, and IIRC backed by Amazon. I can order stuff from them now and have it in two days to my house, and that's with the cheapo shipping.

Brett

Just received my 4th one at home this afternoon. A GT3, full 5W handheld. We have already deployed about 365 of the UV5R units at the plant and are well pleased with them. Just make sure you order them where they qualify for Prime 2 day delivery or you could end up waiting 2 weeks or longer to get them in.
Use the CHIRP software to program them and make sure you order the original Baofeng programming cable.

Have a customer that has this exact handheld and loves it. States he can't see spending more for one as this fits his needs.

I have an UV-82 I ordered from amazon...price out the door with a USB programming cable and the radio kit (HT, charge cradle, headset) was $42 w/ tax. 2nd day Prime shipping got it to me quickly.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated