• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

have an SWR question

trailrider

Jul 22, 2012
today i finally got those 64" long rs antennas mounted on my rig. the things are so tall they make it look like a giant bug. lol anyway as installed the SWR came out 1.5 on channel 1 about 1.5 on channel 19 and over 3 on channel 40. now being a trucker my radio lives on channel 19 99,9% of the time. would leaving them as is be ok or should i go ahead and take the time to tune them??? setting dual antennas on a big rig can be a pain sometimes. thanks.

today i finally got those 64" long rs antennas mounted on my rig. the things are so tall they make it look like a giant bug. lol anyway as installed the SWR came out 1.5 on channel 1 about 1.5 on channel 19 and over 3 on channel 40. now being a trucker my radio lives on channel 19 99,9% of the time. would leaving them as is be ok or should i go ahead and take the time to tune them??? setting dual antennas on a big rig can be a pain sometimes. thanks.

I would tune them. They seem a bit long.

Make sure you change them both by the same amount every change you make.

99.9% of the time doesn't account for that .1%...

The DB

thanks DB. yea they are long. right at 13'6" . but i'm going for the justo. since the bottom load sits above the top of cab this is a plus. now i might be wrong but i'm thinking performance wise this set-up should work about as good as it's going to get running dual antennas.

I was referring to long as in tuning.

The DB

ok i'm with you now. your meaning went right over my head. besides everyone is entitled to one mistake a day. that was mine. lol. yea i realized that when the meter went over 3 on the SWR on 40. my first thought was here i go back and forth around this truck a quarter of an inch at a time.:headbang that was the reason for the question.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned