• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

have an SWR question

trailrider

Jul 22, 2012
today i finally got those 64" long rs antennas mounted on my rig. the things are so tall they make it look like a giant bug. lol anyway as installed the SWR came out 1.5 on channel 1 about 1.5 on channel 19 and over 3 on channel 40. now being a trucker my radio lives on channel 19 99,9% of the time. would leaving them as is be ok or should i go ahead and take the time to tune them??? setting dual antennas on a big rig can be a pain sometimes. thanks.

today i finally got those 64" long rs antennas mounted on my rig. the things are so tall they make it look like a giant bug. lol anyway as installed the SWR came out 1.5 on channel 1 about 1.5 on channel 19 and over 3 on channel 40. now being a trucker my radio lives on channel 19 99,9% of the time. would leaving them as is be ok or should i go ahead and take the time to tune them??? setting dual antennas on a big rig can be a pain sometimes. thanks.

I would tune them. They seem a bit long.

Make sure you change them both by the same amount every change you make.

99.9% of the time doesn't account for that .1%...

The DB

thanks DB. yea they are long. right at 13'6" . but i'm going for the justo. since the bottom load sits above the top of cab this is a plus. now i might be wrong but i'm thinking performance wise this set-up should work about as good as it's going to get running dual antennas.

I was referring to long as in tuning.

The DB

ok i'm with you now. your meaning went right over my head. besides everyone is entitled to one mistake a day. that was mine. lol. yea i realized that when the meter went over 3 on the SWR on 40. my first thought was here i go back and forth around this truck a quarter of an inch at a time.:headbang that was the reason for the question.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.