• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Have you ever had a RANGER Radio Pulled from E Bay?

Had a 2950 PARTS radio yanked, no matter that it wasn't in working condition.

GLR, are you saying policy and legality are not the same?

I'd call you but apparently you are far too busy suing ebay.

lol,like i told my lawyer,lawyers are just criminals who go to college and study how to tell lies well and learn how to extort money with no conscience.

everytime i've ever been in a court the best liar always wins.

but as i always say.

"where there's a will,there's a lawyer"

They yanked a parts radio!!!?? LMAO!!!! Well ya know that CPU may have still been good and look at all the ddirty little things that part can do!! They say thats the brains bhind the illegal radio operation maybe :confused: (y)

It all comes down to this. EBAY is a private company with certain rules it asks us to comply with if we want to use the service. If we don't follow those rules, they can and will take action. It is their sandbox and their rules. END OF STORY!

Got a call from eBay's lawyer yesterday and they want to settle. If anyone has a Ranger radio pulled going forward, let me know.

Got a call from eBay's lawyer yesterday and they want to settle. If anyone has a Ranger radio pulled going forward, let me know.

In completely unrelated news, ebay fees are rumored to be going up.

Q: Will winning this action affect their policy?

Or are they going to continue policy and treat each new action separately presented?

No settlement without a policy change. I would expect, but have not been told, that their lawyer told them to change policy. That is why I asked that anyone whose ad is pulled since Thursday to report it here.

Well, recently I had my 2970DX pulled 11 times within a week. I was on the phone with so many supervisors on eBay I forgot my name! One supervisor would say go ahead and re-list then less than 8 hours later another would pull the ad and tell me it was an illegal radio. Then another call and another supervisor would say it was ok. I finally contacted Shioda, sent eBay a copy of the letter he posted in another thread and forwarded all my emails from eBay to Shioda. Told eBay I sent all my emails to an attorney and eBay finally called me first. The guy at eBay promised the radio would not be pulled because they called the FCC and the DX models are not on the prohibited list. They also let me have all my listing fees and final value fees refunded. I thank Shioda for the help he has done with eBay and I hope my radio ordeal was part of what helped get this done!

Bill it soent shock me that Ebay is like DirecTV and many other places where theres all chiefs and nobody really has a damn clue what the hells going on.

We just yesterday got a DirecTV bill for $451.00 :w00t::eek: My wife and I were like WTF!!!! She called and went off on the supervisor she was talking to because they had no clue what they were doing and they were charging us for crap we didnt have!! The first lady hung up on us then I told Kim to call back because hanging up solves nothing. And still leaves an unsorted mess.

We couldnt believe that nobody I mean nobody not workers or supervisors knew what the hell was going on. She called back and we got it all straightened out back to our standard bill. Let me tell you this experience was like calling Symantec (Norton Antivirus) and alot of other places of the sort. It boggles me how anyone keeps a business going when running it where everyone is blind to whats really happening including some of these install guys I tell themm run the wires here and there ILL DO THE REST!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.