• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Having problems Sears Roadtalker40

Yea what exactly is the complaint? Anybody know? Hello anyone there????????

Well, Kopcicle we tried!

"AM doesn't work. My echo mic squeals"

We will help but you have to help us. The schematic is gold. The video is time wasting crap. I'd rather heat a #3 phillips screwdriver red hot and plunge it into my eye . It would be less painful.

Admit you are completely clueless and we'll gladly go from there. Really ...

Like any other older radio like this, I wouldn't even begin to troubleshoot it without replacing all of the electrolytic capacitors first. Not that it always fixed all problems, but it sure does take out the guess work to a certain degree. But if you don't know what you are doing and haven't a clue how to work on a radio; then I'd suggest that you send it to a reputable shop. Thanks for the schematic - tho.

You need repair tools and know how to use them - just for starters . . .

Reactions: sunbulls
snoring-smiley.png

Like Harry said, “A man's got to know his limitations.” You obviously bit off way more than you can chew. That radio belongs in the hands of knowledgeable technician. It’s extremely difficult if not impossible to exchange possible solutions with someone that doesn’t know the basics nor has the proper diagnostic equipment to move forward. Not just one person, it requires both ends of the conversation to speak and understand at least the basic language of electronics, especially with diagnosing complex problems over the Internet. You’re not anywhere near that point yet. Baby steps are involved in learning electronics and that will take some time and effort. I’m sure many on this forum will be glad to help you with your homework if you truly have a desire to learn. If you think someone can provide you with a quick answer to your problem by looking at a video, you’re asking for a miracle.
Step 1. What you saw was not a “jumper” wire, that particular one is better known as a “ground strap “made from braided wire.

Reactions: Robb
Whats is wrong? I dont watch videos much.
Be easy to diagnose it if a clue was printed.
Like we used to hear in the shop " my car makes a funny sound"

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.