• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Having some fun this afternoon (Workman parts website related)....

guitar_199

Mar 8, 2011
Deer Park, TX
My brain just started wondering...... all of these products that pop up all over creation from "Workman"..... wouldn't they have a website that you could go to and "see it all".... in one place???

yeah... they do..... as you might expect.... workmanelectronics.com seems to be a live website. It seems pretty spartan as web sites go.......
And... none of the photos "render"... meaning.. you don't get the picture at all. Just the part number...and not even a description. It ALMOST looks like a website that has been abandoned... and yet... their products are still out there being sold all over the web.

Does anyone know of a place that shows it all? or shows a catalog of everything they have?

Yes.... I DO need to get a life!!!!!

My brain just started wondering...... all of these products that pop up all over creation from "Workman"..... wouldn't they have a website that you could go to and "see it all".... in one place???

yeah... they do..... as you might expect.... workmanelectronics.com seems to be a live website. It seems pretty spartan as web sites go.......
And... none of the photos "render"... meaning.. you don't get the picture at all. Just the part number...and not even a description. It ALMOST looks like a website that has been abandoned... and yet... their products are still out there being sold all over the web.

Does anyone know of a place that shows it all? or shows a catalog of everything they have?

Yes.... I DO need to get a life!!!!!
They have a paper catalog and it is way out of date. Half of the items in it are no longer carried.

I checked their physical address in google earth and it shows up as Workman Electronic and a building with several cars outside. And it looks like a rural setting.

Reactions: walterjn
They're wholesale. This is why you see their stuff sold by outfits scattered everywhere. Every product they sell is purchased in a lot. If it takes a year to sell it all off, that's how long they offer that item. And if they run out, you'll wait until the next container reaches them from the far east.

Can't remember the last time I bought less that 100 items from them in one order. This is the smallest order they like to fill.

If you see a retailer offering a Workman product, it's probably because they bought a case lot or more from them.

And if Workman will fill a small retail order, that would be new.

Or is that 'news'?

Last edited:
Just had a thought. Ought to track down a Workman catalog from the 1960s. It will be full of parts to fix tube-type CRT televisions, tube sockets, small speakers, HV wire, telescoping antenna rods that kind of thing. They have been buying parts in quantity and repackaging them for literally decades. The stuff they offer has evolved along with the technology.

They're wholesale. This is why you see their stuff sold by outfits scattered everywhere. Every product they sell is purchased in a lot. If it takes a year to sell it all off, that's how long they offer that item. And if they run out, you'll wait until the next container reaches them from the far east.

Can't remember the last time I bought less that 100 items from them in one order. This is the smallest order they like to fill.

If you see a retailer offering a Workman product, it's probably because they bought a case lot or more from them.

And if Workman will fill a small retail order, that would be new.

Or is that 'news'?

They are wholesale only, minimum purchase when I last ordered was $100.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Yeah, I was starting to get the idea that they are "wholesale only".
I just wanted to get an idea what ALL they have ..... then I could go hunt for it and find it at a retailer..... maybe.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.