• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Having trouble accessing 446.200

Jan 10, 2011
Hi. New ham, just received my callsign Wednesday... KF7NYK.

I waited a month and a half since I got my handheld to actually hit the ptt button and talk, legally of course, which I did the other night for a good hour. Good people, welcoming me to the hobby.

However, I'm trying to check in on the 'Worldwide Friendship' net. I've been listening to it every other morning for the past several weeks on 446.200. Now, I feel like checking in. It's my time.

I just don't know the pl tone, whether offset is +/-, .....

Someone help me out. Thanks.

SNRC UHF repeaters

Have you tried that one? Google can be your best friend when looking for a repeater if you know the frequency and location. You didn't mention you're in Las Vegas, which is where I was born almost 67 years ago and where I lived the first 20 years of my life at 711 South 6th Street.

This particular repeater looks to be in Blue Diamond, a bit SW from where you are on East Charleston.

Thanks Beetle and yes, I've googled and have several tabs open all of which are repeater lists/directories. Yet, somehow the link you've given me is the only one that shows 446.200 ... lol.

Gonna give it a shot now. I'll let ya know if it works.

.... where I lived the first 20 years of my life at 711 South 6th Street.

Wow. I've only been here a couple of years on and off. btw, they removed the bus stop from Vegas and Charleston, just SW of where you used to live... I've been taking the bus for the past several months now and that was a very convenient stop. Damn them.

EDIT: not ALL the stops on Vegas & Charleston, just the one on the NE corner... you know, the one most convenient for 'ME'.

What is this? When I google that all I get are dating sites.
Ah no... :laugh: It's just something I've been listening to in the mornings since I got my first rig, a Wouxun handheld.
The guy running the net is so damn cheerful and in such a good mood. I get depressed listening to the news in the mornings. I'd rather listen to this guy calling for check-ins.

People just check in, say g'mornin, and shoot the chit.

Oh yeah... and that guy I keep hearing from "jolly ole' England" is cool to listen to. lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.