• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Heathkit GD-1B

Jaymom

Mar 14, 2011
Ocala, FL.
Just as a note of interest for those that like old equipment like me.....

Three days ago I decided to take the risk and purchase an old Heathkit GD-1B Grid Dip Meter off Ebay. Since then I have been searching in my spare time for a manual for it since the unit does not come with one. They have them on Ebay but I really couldn't see paying that much for a manual. I finally found one to download free of charge and got it downloaded from here.....

Asembly GD1B

You have to register to download it though but if you dont want to go that route just let me know and I will email it to you. It's 1,396.44 kb.

Harold

Hello Harold,
Just a quick note to let you know I've owned a GD1-B for years and have been very happy with it. I also have a GD-1. Both share the same coil set.

I think you'll find the little Heathkit grid dip as good as any other, even the more expensive ones.

I just replaced the electrolytic in mine and hope to have it for a long time.

The best of luck with using yours!

73 de Joe Cro N3IBX

pappy.gif
Here is just one of many great sources for Heathkit Schematics: Heathkit Schematic Diagram Archive

Hi Guys,

It just arrived in my mail box yesterday. It is in wonderful condition too. I haven't a clue of how to use it on but it's going to be fun to experiment with. I love old radio stuff regardless of what it is. I downloaded the Operators Manual but that is more of a how to put it together than anything else from what I see. If someone (hint hint) has a tutorial of how to use it I would love to get a copy of it.

Harold

If that's the manual that came with the kit, it should have a pretty extensive section on how to operate it. If not, the older editions of the ARRL Manual will be a big help.

I built one of these in ... well, a LONG time ago (mid-1970s). It still works just fine.

N3IBX...I just looked up your call sign on qrz.com. That's not my old BC-610 you sitting in front of is it? lol Thats the transmitter we used in Metz France back in 1954 to 1957 while I was in the Signal Corps.

Anyway....I just opened up my unit and see that I too need to replace the Dry Electrolytic Capacitor in mine as well. It is starting to leak. Can you tell me where you found a replacement for yours? I doubt if I can find it locally.

Harold

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.