• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Heathkit HW-101 Question

Raccoon

Oct 27, 2005
www.youtube.com
Hi everyone , I've had my Heathkit HW-101 for over a year now . It quickly became one of my favorite radios . I know it was made from 1970 to 1983 ... but I can't seem to find anything that can tell me what year it was from . I've tried looking for a serial number lookup site , but I haven't had much luck . So I was wondering if anyone here might know how I can figure out what year my HW-101 is from ?

Thanks

Maybe there is a Heathkit user group out there. One specific to the HW-101.
Look for a groups.io user group. Even then it may be very difficult to nail it down.

Come to think of it, look for date codes on some of the components. Pots, caps, transformers etc. may have them. That's what we go to for electric guitars and amps we are not sure about.

Reactions: Raccoon
Maybe there is a Heathkit user group out there. One specific to the HW-101.
Look for a groups.io user group. Even then it may be very difficult to nail it down.

Come to think of it, look for date codes on some of the components. Pots, caps, transformers etc. may have them. That's what we go to for electric guitars and amps we are not sure about.
Thank you Hurricane . I've tried looking for groups before , but I don't think I looked for a groups.io ... so I'll give that a shot . I also hadn't tried looking at the components before , since I'm more of a drummer than a guitarist ... lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.