1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Heil Sound Excellent customer service

Discussion in 'General Ham Radio Discussion' started by Moleculo, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

Just wanted to give an unsolicited shout-out to Heil Sound for some very nice customer service. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a new band for my SM-1 shock mount (they wear out every few years) from an online retailer. The easiest way to replace the band is to take out a few of the outside tiny screws that hold the band clips in place. In the process, I dropped one under my desk never to be found again.

So I emailed Heil asking what size they were so I could either find some or even if I could buy a few. A nice lady emailed me back asking for my address and she mailed a couple to me free of charge. I know the cost of the screws and postage was under a dollar, but the fact that someone took the time to go out of their way and make this very small gesture really impressed me.

Thanks Heil!

As a very small gesture of gratitude, here are some links to the really cool shock mount and Mic setup that I use on my station:

Mount: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heil-Sound-SM1-Shockmount-Microphone-Suspension-System-NEW-FREE-2DAY-DELIVERY/322205886580?epid=1300398048&_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item4b04f7a874:g:u5UAAOSwtnpXl4Tt&enc=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&checksum=3222058865807d86dfde0ee5450d92629a60beae1115

Boom (mounted on the back of desk): https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heil-Sound...363697&hash=item547297664a:g:Y2gAAOSw4u9dKa6O

Heil GMElite Mic (mine is the older version, but this is a killer mic): https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heil-Sound...128323?hash=item1a07ed17c3:g:Yf4AAOSwWnFV-YYK

Riverman and Blackcat630 like this.

2. Blackcat630

Blackcat630 Sr. Member

Heil HQ is about 40 minutes from my qth. I have talked to Bob several times in person and once on 75.. very nice man. He even showed up at our field day last year and hung out for a couple hours.. I didn't know whether to call CQ or listen to Bob's stories.. I was torn lol. It's not suprising his business would have top notch customer service.

Shadetree Mechanic and Slowmover like this.
  3. SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER Sr. Member

Pretty sure that lady would be Donna.I took one of my (2) HEIL SM1 shock mounts with me to Orlando Hamcation & Donna replaced the band for FREE for me.I could not figure it out in my old head but Donna took care of it in just a couple of minutes.I currently own (6) HEIL microphones,Two SM1 shock mounts,a foot switch & (2) thumb switches & I like them all very much.The RED HEIL FIN is my favorite microphone & it sounds AWESOME on my ICOM 7600 I have been told from all over the world.I use the HEIL PR-20 when I am Performing onstage where I sing Classic Country Music.Bob Heil is also a friend of mine & if you look at his latest Antenna Book you will see what was my TARHEEL II HF/6 meter mobile antenna on page 55 on the passenger side beds take of my 2007 Dodge Quad Cab (YES it has a HEMI in it). LOL HEIL is a great company with great people. {:>)

SIX-SHOOTER

Slowmover and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  4. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas Sr. Member

Bob is good people. He was on 3885 quite a bit back in the winter. I have a pr40. It was a hard choice between it and the re20. No regrets but I'd still like to try the re20....and the 320 and the 27

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.
: heil sound