• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hello. New here.

Dragon449

Jan 6, 2015
Central NY
Hello All

I have been lurking here for a few weeks and decided that it is time for me to introduce myself.

I'm been into radios for most of 39 years. I really enjoy shortwave listening and cb. I am also a licenced ham, but I really am not that active I think mostly due to the local groups here... rather dull and antisocial....(Upstate NY)

Anyway I have the bug again and I have been trying to get a new shack put together in my basement. My old A99 is on death's door as it can seem to keep a solid swr... so I just use it for listening for now. I plan on messing with a few dipole setups and have made a few T2LT verticals that have proven to perform really well locally. I am also getting into the nasty habit of buying odd old rigs on ebay for a couple of bucks and playing around with them and trying to fix/clean them up. Hehe.

I follow the Welsh/UK Charlie Tango folks on YouTube quite a bit especially how the CTX group mix my two loves, the outdoors, and radio. I hope to try some of what they are doing out in my neck of the woods this year. I just wish there were more like minded cb enthusiasts up my way so they we could try small nets or something. By all means, chime in if your located in Upstate or CNY. ☺

I have several radios but mostly use my good Ole trusty TRC-449.

'Glad to be aboard.
73's

Thanks guys for the welcome. Here is a radio that I just picked up and received yesterday, it's an Otron CB-400 40 channel AM, Korean made, included the box and all of the paperwork. Decent shape, almost like new it appears.

Internally it needs some cleaning and aligning though. Audio has tons of hash and meter doesn't work. I kinda like the look of it and I know I have seen the same style before with a different, off-brand, name before as well.

**edit: sorry maybe this is best suited for the equipment area. Will use that next time.**oops.

20150110_101504.jpg

20150110_101504.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudfoot
Welcome And wondering what is one of your fav. shortwave stations to listen to?

Grogan, it's mostly pirates.. love that scene.. ever since I was a kid, it has always captured my interest. However lately I enjoy chasing Brazilian and other exotic South American domestics.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.