• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help I need help

Scroll down to "Users Guide"

Download pdf

Programming trunking systems can be a real chore! I am not familiar with the Whistler products but if they come with programming software it certainly helps.
Often, software that you purchase is far better and worth the cost. To use the software in the most easiest way, you usually need a paid subscription to https://www.radioreference.com/ to draw from their database and import it into the scanner via the programming software.

Radio Reference is the place to be for scanner enthusiasts. They have several forums similar to here but are very dedicated to scanners. Go there and look around.

Myself, I have a Uniden Bearcat trunk tracker scanner and had to buy a USB cable for about $30 and I decided on Proscan programming software which was another $50. It sure makes programming easier than any free software.

These days you really need a digital scanner as most police communications as well as others are digital. If things you want to listen to are encrypted, find a new hobby!!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.