• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help identifying Channel Kit!

8113 Northern MN

Aug 9, 2013
Virginia,MN
I pulled this kit out of a non working radio today. No luck on identifying what kind of kit it is or the hookup procedure to see if it still works. Here are a couple pics showing all distinguishing marks:

Top side of the two pieces. Smaller one gets soldered directly into the spot where the ribbon cable from normal channel selector would go. 3 wire connector connects it to the bigger board which had a red and black wire heading to the board...im assuming power and ground...and then two wires heading to the clarifier.
http://prntscr.com/4lo8rc

http://prntscr.com/4loa5w

Any help identifying these would be greatly appreciated

GrantXL, same as a Cobra 148GTL, same as a GrantLT, same as a Cobra 2000GTL, Same as a Teaberry StalkerXX, etc, etc, etc . . .
You couldn't have looked that hard.

I will admit that I know very little about these freq. expansion kits on the market today. In my day we simply added a few switches and rewired the traces going to the PLL chip and we were done. Despite that I just spent a whopping 45 seconds on Google and came up with an Expo-100 kit for the Grant XL. Was I right?

The original post did not include links to photos as it does now. I would otherwise agree with you Capt., as that would have been the #1 logical choice.

But from the pics, I can see that the ch switch was a part of this kit he has, and it isn't an expo kit. LesComm has a kit like the one in the picture; although I am not sure it is theirs either. The ch LED has three digits rather than the standard two.

GeEBPHt.jpg

Yea i stumbled across Lescomm and Expo but none of those had the three digit display like this one does. I did research for quite some time before asking on here. Still stumped

I see in your 2nd picture the board is stamped "db". This may give you an idea of what you have.
Hope this helps(y)

Attachments

• db_347b_install.pdf
    32.4 KB · Views: 5
Dipole....no I have that exact kit in my Cobra 148 GTL so I am familiar with that one.

Sideways, yes I do see the stamped "db". Does the "148 9m" shed any significance to it? The file you linked doesnt look similiar to the pcb board

Only that it might be the model no. IDK. I'm thinking it might be just a channel display for extra channels, again Idk. Does it have a band switch? I've only installed the lescomm kits and the expo kits, never seen one like that before either.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.