• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HELP!! low rf output on am and ssb ept3600-14b

Hmm. A click on his avatar reveals his last visit in Sept 2015. Gotta figure you won't receive a prompt reply.

What kind of radio? And does it have one final and one driver transistor? Or one driver and two finals?

A way to test them is an enormous advantage. When a final is damaged enough to shut down your output power even a simple test tends to reveal a failure.

Do you have any measuring instruments, like a multimeter and a wattmeter on hand?

More tools often means less work. Not always, but often.

it is a double ended equipment, replace both driver and both ends, i have a modern meter for the gain of the transistors the power is lost after leaving the driver, replace some capacitors according to the scheme until the arrival of the base of the ends but I still do not get enough power only 2w in am or ssb, just in case mount the ends in another dual end radio and excellent 20w without adjusting but not in the super jopix 2000

it is a double ended equipment, replace both driver and both ends, i have a modern meter for the gain of the transistors the power is lost after leaving the driver, replace some capacitors according to the scheme until the arrival of the base of the ends but I still do not get enough power only 2w in am or ssb, just in case mount the ends in another dual end radio and excellent 20w without adjusting but not in the super jopix 2000
In order for future consultations to be solved, the problem of low power in the EPT3600-14B, both final transistors, was in optimal conditions the problem occurs in the MV1Y diodes, as diodes are tested and seem good, but it is not so, it is not so, Simply replace with 1N4148, and a drop of Super Bander glue, and the return power, I advise to combine those of both final transistors and the driver

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.