• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help me value this stuff

bigcountry78

Dec 18, 2016
I have a bunch of Cb equipment, it all powers on but I don't have a way to test it beyond that. Was wondering if you guys could give me an idea of what it's worth, and tell me what a couple of these things are,since I'm not sure.

Johnson messenger two: not exactly sure what this thing is.

Johnson messenger 100. Cb I'm guessing?

Pierce Simpson SSB Cb. I know what this is lol.

Palomar amplifier with power supply.

I also have about 10 mobiles, figure maybe $5 each. Any insight on what the Johnson radios are, and what all this stuff is worth would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Seeing that there as of this typing 63 views and no responses I would say the stuff is not worth much. It all looks fairly beat and it's all very old. Hopefully, someone else will chime in here and give you a better idea.

I have a bunch of Cb equipment, it all powers on but I don't have a way to test it beyond that. Was wondering if you guys could give me an idea of what it's worth, and tell me what a couple of these things are,since I'm not sure.

Johnson messenger two: not exactly sure what this thing is.

Johnson messenger 100. Cb I'm guessing?

Pierce Simpson SSB Cb. I know what this is lol.

Palomar amplifier with power supply.

I also have about 10 mobiles, figure maybe $5 each. Any insight on what the Johnson radios are, and what all this stuff is worth would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I would say the old Johnson CB radios are worth money to collectors, without carefuly cleaning the exterior and finding a local buyer (shipping kills cb tube rig sales) it will be hard to sell online because these are not mint looking expamples.

Untested, the resell value will be even less, if you find a collector who is interested in one of your models you may have a better chance then.

That being said, I "throw money away" on vintage radio related paraphernalia sometimes, just because it's old.

Im just a newbie, but that said clean up the palomar amp and power supply and the ssb radio, put all three together as a vintage lot. I think this would hold the most value.

Somebody who can give you a real world figure will have to chime in. You can check eBay to see what similar radios are selling for, keep in mind the shipping cost and factor that in if you are using online sales as a source for round about prices/values of things.

Last edited:
Yea I knew I wouldn't get rich off of it. I was just looking for a fair price to put it up for sale for. I just want it out of my way really. Really curious as to what kind of radios the Johnsons are. I've never seen ones like them before.

Ebay. The Great Equalizer:

Johnson one and two's are dime a dozen. fetch $20-$40... less at a ham fest.

Simba 23 CH SSB has some collectable value. It's missing the center spun aluminum sticker in the center of the channel selector knob. Usually older CB's are off frequency due to the age of the crystals that drift over time from the frequency they were originally cut for. Untested, it may fetch up to $75-$100 plus shipping (heavy) to a collector.

Palomar amp looks to be all there, but a bit dirty and can be made operational again as long as the iron (transformer) is good. Probably valued at $75-$150 plus shipping (very heavy) More if you really clean it up, just don't rub off any of the print or decals.

Don't underestimate shipping costs. CONUS shipping could run you $50+ on the amp. It will need to be well padded and double boxed to survive the trip for sure.

The Simba and the Palomar amp would make a nice classic base station combo(y)

Beware of lethal high voltages within the amp if you have it powered with the cover off :whistle:

Reactions: LeapFrog
Thanks. I also have a couple of astatic d104 desk mics, some coax, and miscellaneous items. I put the whole lot on Craigslist for 300, well see what kind of interest I'll get. I really don't want to do any shipping on this heavy stuff.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.