• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help on re-activating old license

railroadtime

Oct 13, 2009
I need some help. I had a first class license in the 50s and 60s but let it lapse. So I would like to re-activate it.
How can I find out if it is still available. WA7CTA
What would I have to do to re-activate it?
One of my sons is getting interested in getting into this and is studying for the tests. I looked at the report on this unit Yaesu VX-8r and it looks like it might be a nice unit.
Any help would be appreciated.

Neil

Neil,

You can not reactivate a license after it has lapsed for that period of time. You will have to take the test again, but it is MUCH easier now. As for your old call, you can use the callsign lookup on most any ham sight to see if it has been reissued, and if not, after you are licensed again, request it as a vanity call.

Good luck in the testing.

PR

It looks like WA7CTA is available.

I have a VX-8R and it is truly a spectacular little radio!

Yep, you'll have to re-test. They will issue you a callsign. Then you can turn around through the Vanity System and apply for your old call. As long as it's available and no one else wants it and is applying for it at the same time as you, it will be yours again...for approximately $20.

Good luck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.