• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help with a cb jerk

Yes but he's abdicating another crime in the process.

Confucius say if you're plotting revenge you should dig 2 graves.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.....my reply was "Tongue in cheek".

"Revenge is a dish best served cold" could also apply.

I personally would never take an old RS mobile, seal it in a battery box and hide a yard sale mobile antenna in a tree behind the offender's house and hook it to 2 junkyard batteries with a simple ic circuit to switch from the drained battery to the good battery at 9 volts output, knowing well and good that at 4W output with a simple tone generated by the radio that such a set-up will operate for 2 weeks, 4 days and about 4 hours before it finally dies.

No sir, not me. I only use that as a purely hypothetical situation.

Well; I don't recommend this at all...

A number of years back when I used to talk on 11 AM in the Bay Area CA, we had a joker like this. A couple of guys got together and took an old, cheap $10 walkie-talkie and changed the crystal in it to the freq. being used. The radio/'walkie-talkie only put out 1/4 of a watt - if that; but with four 9v batteries in parallel it could last a few days. Now that I think about it, it may have been 100mw radio - yes. One of the guys keyed it up by using several rubber bands and put it in a tree close to the offenders house with the antenna up - but out-of-sight. The speaker/mic was removed from the radio and an appropriate resistor was put in for a load. Just a dead key was heard by him. It worked.

It didn't affect us a mile or more away; but it sure put the jackass off that freq/ch real fast.

The trick was going back and changing the batteries out for new ones when the old ones went flat. After a week of a dead keying radio drowning his receive, he had a different attitude twards being a jackass.

Like I said, I don't recommend it - but it worked in this case. But NOT without risks. A few of us chipped in for batteries, a tech/friend converted the old walkie-talkie to the appropriate channel. The jackass couldn't figure it out. There are worse things to do; but the solution was a technical one.

Yes but he's abdicating another crime in the process.

Confucius say if you're plotting revenge you should dig 2 graves.

very true , but i never said i fight fair .
dont start shit with me and you wont get shit from me .

do unto others ...... yadda yadda yadda ;)

while i like the other suggestions, and they all sound fun in their own ways; im not sure any of them would really solve the problem.

here is a way to solve your problem, and have some fun with the CB jerk at the same time. and its free!

there is a catch though. you have to have your CB friends' phone numbers.

just come up with a sequence of channels, say 5 to 7 channels, that you would all change to, in the same sequence, as soon as this guy keys up his music carrier. make sure that the channels are "wide-gapped" on the band, for example: 2-37-10-23-5-40-16, then start all over.

if everyone in your group knows which channel to change to next, you will have this jerk running ragged all over the band trying to find you.
remember that when he keys up, he cant hear you anymore and wont know you've gone until he unkeys. then he will find you again, and you will all move to the next freq immediately.

even if he actually does figure out the sequence, (it takes a while LOL), you just change it. he will soon realize he is the one being played, and will be very embarrassed at all the laughing you guys will be doing at him.

once word gets around the band that he got played, he will be the butt of everyones jokes, and isnt that really the best revenge?
LC

Wouldn't it be just as easy to just make a plan with the cb buddies and have a list already made up so every time he keys up you all just move? ;)

another option that doesnt involve trespassing or the cops......

IF he has an ol' lady and IF someone knows his/her phone number ......
get some women (wives , girlfriends , lady cb'ers etc.) to call and ask for him in flirty voices . when she ask why theyre calling tell her yall met on the CB radio and you wanted to go out with him again .

his ol' lady will take it from there . ;)

p.s. if you dont know their phone number but have tracked his signal and know his address you may be able to find the house number using this link .
http://www.searchbug.com/peoplefinder/#findby

MM43,

isnt that essentially what i said to do?

booty, that was pretty low down and creative! LOL

LC

well the way you put it would allow the cb buddies to giggle over the phone like little kids while the process was going on, my first suggestion puts a stop to it and teaches the asshole a lesson.

oh ok, i guess i didnt explain it well enough.

i didnt mean to imply that they would be on the phone while they were on the radio.
i was saying the same thing you are.
give everyone the list beforehand and then have fun with just the radio.

i always thought being on the phone with someone and talking to them on the radio at the same time was kind of dorky. LOL

LC

We have done that we just talk over him or text what channel. But he just dont get it he give the drivers hell on 19 also. I think the way to do it is just lock about 3 channels down for a week. lets see small refrigerator power supply old moblie amp and radio should stay cool :whistle:

Wouldn't it be just as easy to just make a plan with the cb buddies and have a list already made up so every time he keys up you all just move? ;)

Sometimes. Problem is - the joker/jerk will often flip the dial until they find someone talking.

Sometimes using channels above ch 40 is another means to talk. But then again; all of your friends might not have expanded freqs. Or sometimes - the 'joker' will too.

The 'Roy Show' in the South Bay Area in CA has been a nuisance to radio operators in this area for YEARS. "Roy' fancies himself as another Howard Sterns. Tears people up; has a small but devoted following. Read: "butt kissers".. When I got back into radio recently, I decided I wasn't going to be a part of that 'hate and dissatisfaction'/"H&D" clique again. But I know a lot about it.

CB @$$holes.
Look it up...

Don't get me wrong; I enjoy using a CB as much as a Ham radio. It's JUST RADIO. I can do without the hate and discontent crap though...

1.seal up a talkie on 1 watt with a gellcell wrapped in dark green plastic with a wire antenna and chuck it into his bushes or in tree as close to his antenna as you can get it. Lock the transmit on the freq. he uses the most.
He can scream all he wants,but he won't hear anything!
2. OR do your homework. Google him,get his name,phone,address,social sec. and make of vehicle. If he's married get his wife's name and record all of this on a tape to play every time he's on the air! Morons can't stand to be exposed for what they really are!
3. If all else fails, a 3/4" cable at the base of his tower locked to his vehicles axle and concealed should cure the problem.
n9zas

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.