• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help with a cb jerk

you could have a friend with a big ole AC mobile pull up to the jerks address and overload the jerks radio, best done when he's transmitting and as soon as he unkeys drop 5>10 kW's on him...works every time

3's

so class c amps do have a purpose after all ;)

you could have a friend with a big ole AC mobile pull up to the jerks address and overload the jerks radio, best done when he's transmitting and as soon as he unkeys drop 5>10 kW's on him...works every time

3's

So your solution is to jam the jammer with even more power? :blink:Hmmmmm....think about that for a minute.Since a jammer does not care to listen you would be doing his job for him and doing it better than him.

It's like C.K. said - you would just ruin it for everybody by doing this. No one could use the channel. Think of the expense involved too.

If you have someone handy with working on radios - do the walkie-talkie mod. It won't mess with your radio or anybody else's radio either. The 100mw/1/10 of a watt set on the right freq will only affect him - not everybody else. If he has a lot of trees around/near him - this idea will work out for you. It is pretty cheap to accomplish - and you can always save it for another day if such a thing should happen again.

There are worse things to do - and I know a bunch of them - but I ain't gonna say.
Neither do I promote this behavior - although I can appreciate your dilemma fully...
I had a friend do this, and we helped make it happen - but don't do it if you run the risk of entering private property or get injured in the process!!!

IF:
*The radio can be modified to the desired freq/ch by a sympathetic and nearby radio tech.
Preferred cost: $0

*It has a 100mw -or 1/10th- of a watt output.

*You can put it up at night (so he cannot see you) in a tree out of sight if he should look for it.
Count on the fact that he will...

*You use four 9v batteries -in parallel (more amperage)- so that it takes a few days before they need replacing. Maybe more. The battery pack will be too large to fit in the radio; so make it easy to conceal as well.

*You can paint it flat black in order to make it hard to see in a tree.
Or whatever it takes to make it camouflaged.

*You put masking tape over the mic; you don't want any sound transmitted thru it - it could be used to give its position away!

*You use a few thick/stiff rubber bands to keep it keyed up.

*You give it a test run - first.

You assume all risks!!!
NOT recommended!!!

1.Junk radio that works.
1.solid state flasher relay.
1.old big tool box.
1.Big fat rubber band.
1.used car battery that will still hold a charge.
1.Junk mag mount antenna.
Camo spray paint or the ability to climb a tree.

Install radio and battery inside of big tool box, wire flasher relay on power+ of battery connections. Attach antenna on outside and camo spray paint unit. Turn unit on and make sure unit ticks just like the flasher on your car. Select channel where jerk likes to stay. Charge battery overnight. Locate closest possable drop location by jerk, get really close. Hide unit in bushes or up in a tree. Turn unit power on and select channel. Wrap rubber band around mic causing flashing dead key. Enjoy the three days you have knocking out jerks receive, if close enough bleed over will have taken out all forty channels. Recharge and repeat untill he is a good boy.
This works, ask me how I know!

1.Junk radio that works.
1.solid state flasher relay.
1.old big tool box.
1.Big fat rubber band.
1.used car battery that will still hold a charge.
1.Junk mag mount antenna.
Camo spray paint or the ability to climb a tree.

Install radio and battery inside of big tool box, wire flasher relay on power+ of battery connections. Attach antenna on outside and camo spray paint unit. Turn unit on and make sure unit ticks just like the flasher on your car. Select channel where jerk likes to stay. Charge battery overnight. Locate closest possable drop location by jerk, get really close. Hide unit in bushes or up in a tree. Turn unit power on and select channel. Wrap rubber band around mic causing flashing dead key. Enjoy the three days you have knocking out jerks receive, if close enough bleed over will have taken out all forty channels. Recharge and repeat untill he is a good boy.
This works, ask me how I know!
AWSOME.

I've had THE CRAZY JUPITER show here in Chicago on Channels19,18 and 14, for the last 5 years. This device works good to pin someones ears back. A word of caution exist. Have the radio turned down to about one watt (OR NOT). When I built the Prototype jammer I could hear it 29 miles away on a clear night with good conditions.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.