• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help with cobra mic wireing

itsonlysir

Feb 5, 2009
i have looked and looked for this answer on the net ,,, haven't found it yet , figured id ask here ..

i have a cobra mic that was given to me ,, its alot thinner then the antistatic i have , but anyways the only thing it says on the back of the mic is

dynamic microphone
1mp. 500ohm
made in korea

the wires in side are red , purple , black , and a bare wire . i have seen meny posts that say this

1- shield
2-audio
3-transmit
4-receive

im guessing shield is the bare wire , but the rest i dont know what they are to put them where they go . it is going to be hooked to a 4 pic jack for a cobra radio..

thanks for any help..

cobra mic

red is audio.
black is ground
the purple should be transmit (or pin 3 on a cobra 4 pin)

let me know if that works.

nope that wasn't it .... but i switched a few wires around wile it was hooked into the radio , and i got it to work ,,, the colors are as followed

#1 pin was the bare wire
#2 pin was black
#3 pin was purple
#4 pin was red

just figured id post the fix , jut incase someone else runs into this problem.

ooook maybe i spoke to soon , i get a recieve tone and can hear people ... and when i key up , the meter moves , but no one will come back for a radio check ,, so i took the mic to my mobil that has talk back , and im getting nothing form the mic , hummm???:confused:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.