• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help with my connex 3300 hp zx

Curtis

Sep 1, 2016
I have a connex 3300 hp zx and I sure the finels are burned out no one in my very rouel area works on cb radios if someone would tell me where the finels are I will get a new one and fix it myself thanks in advance for any help
Curtis

So, maybe we should just back up a step and ask what the symptom is here.

If the radio won't transmit, the finals are not the only thing that can fail.

And if they ARE bad, the next question is how many other parts got clobbered by the overload current you sometimes get from a fried final transistor.

The problem with just replacing finals is that you don't know if they are bad.

And if other stuff is bad besides, replacing them alone won't fix it.

I call this the "sideswipe" problem. Sure this car is a wreck, but how many other cars did it bounce off of before it came to rest upside-down?

Do you have any tools to identify what has failed. A multimeter would be a good place to start. A wattmeter is pretty necessary.

So, maybe we should just back up a step and ask what the symptom is here.

If the radio won't transmit, the finals are not the only thing that can fail.

And if they ARE bad, the next question is how many other parts got clobbered by the overload current you sometimes get from a fried final transistor.

The problem with just replacing finals is that you don't know if they are bad.

And if other stuff is bad besides, replacing them alone won't fix it.

I call this the "sideswipe" problem. Sure this car is a wreck, but how many other cars did it bounce off of before it came to rest upside-down?

Do you have any tools to identify what has failed. A multimeter would be a good place to start. A wattmeter is pretty necessary.

I do have a multimeter but no wattmeter I am not a radio technician but I can do stuff. I rigged up a steel whip up on my house for a base station and put the plastic washer on the wrong side of of the mounting bracket and cased a dead short so when I keyed the mike I assume it fryed the finels.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.