• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help With Understanding A Reply I Got To An Ad I Posted

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Can someone read this and tell me if I in anyway said that a guya had his fingers in this radio I have?? I had a reply from the same person one on price and the other on the radio itself he at the end followed up with the comment of he didnt know an 11 meter guy had his fingers in the radio so he decided he didnt want it LMAO!! I for the second time in responding to this person was like WTF!! I am absolutely sure it was a Tire Kicker, I actually dropped the price of the radio $100.00 from what I originally wanted in hopes someone would get a nice radio and use it without having to pay the Ebay prices.

I was also told that they had problems with surface mount parts with this amateur rig I was like again WTF!! Anyways its been awhile sine I had a run around like this but twisting things said around was a new one!! I at first thought misscomunnication and confused myself to where I re-read what I typed and well this was the last reply I got about me saying that an 11 meter guy had his fingers in this HF rig and dont see where it said that so just to clear up if this was just a word/ phrase twisting game can someone read this which I coppied from the converstaion and this is where he said I told him an 11 meter guy had his fingers in it. Did I not say it or am I missing it??

""" this other guy wanted it for $600.00 shipped and insured I said Ide let it go for $650.00 Shipped as the $50.00 would cover the shipping packing and insurance so I would have already dropped the price there as wasnt going to kill me ya know that guy said the same his spending limit was $600.00 which was to bad as the radio here was not beat and owned by an 11 meter guy that had his fingers in it. Ive had no issues ever but then again I am the second owner of this rig and the original owner was an elderly retired man that him and his wife traveled in an RV I wish I could find the note with his callsign as Im curious is to if hes still around.""""

He either pays what you want or gets kicked to the curb.
That wasnt my issue my issue was him either honestly not reading my replies correctly or I somehow mislead the fella and I myself was confused because thats not good when selling anything!! I had to have someone neutral read my response to see if I in anyway told the guy that the radio was tampered with when I myself wouldnt had bought the radio years back had I known that myself!!

It could be legit or a game I had to look into it before I called someone else out on it being a game. Ive got 100% feedback here and on EBAY so it bothered me to have this potential communication problem going on. I had explain to the fella that I have the HF Rig on QRZ for $700.00 Shipped and insured for the Radio and Matching Tuner and a guy offered me $600.00 shipped I met him halfway and said Ide do $650.00 Shipped and Insured I originally wanted $750.00 but posted $700.00 and figured ok $650.00 was fair considering Ide be getting about $600.00 for the radio after all is said and done because I considered taking it in and letting a pack and ship company pack and ship it in worste case scenario maybe laziness or protection as far as insurance either way it was fair.

Im not selling the radio because its garbage or has issues Ide have NOTHING TO GAIN by doing such a thing. I just figured its an outstanding HF rig and their pricey on Ebay and the Tuners are going for big money aswell. If I was doing it for money Ide have went to EBAY with it in that case. Then the jabs came how they have problems with the particular radio with surface mount parts which from a guy that has repaired LOTS of radios surface mount is the technology we are using tofday and its pretty damn sturdy!!! Had I seen the bad posts Ide never had got this radio for my wife years ago and they still get rave reviews!! Yes things happen and like any radio things can fail or go wrong but Ive never ever had any issue with the rig or Tuner!! I certainly wouldnt sell it to someone under my screen name or Amateur Callsign if I was a crooked @$$ person LOL!! I wouldnt sell it to anyone at that point. I asked that he please send me links to the sources where he read all the problems as I feel its important and interesting.

I dont think he want the radio to begin with as he was talking about an Icom 706 and I just told him to becarefull and makesure he gets a good non overheated and beat unit as they have there share of problems like anyother radio and for CB use which is what he wants it for he would be better off as their a dime a dozen and theres parts radios everywhere. I know the HF Rig I have posted runs a pair of 2SC2879 transistor in the Pa section for the final output and theres guys cranking thep!44 outta the radios and there getting 200- 250 watts out of them which Ide never suggest to anyone to do just that. I know the Tuner wouldnt handle that and most guys just want the radio for that purpose and I dont need someone cranking the power up blowing up the radio saying it doesnt work wanting a refund!!~Ive been there twice and got burned and it wont ever happen again I can tell ya that much ;)

Anyways I couldnt see where I said some golden screwdriver was in the radio LOL!! No big deal I was actually gonna throw in an extra for the guy but Im done with that whole mixed up mess and I have a feeling it wouldnt have ended well anyways thats why I stay in the loop of buying and selling with the same guys it always hassle free and we trust one another or know we certainly can I just havent had one of these type things happen in years!! Usually I get questions I answer honestly the Item sells and all is good and ends well and everyones HAPPY sometimes fair isnnt fair enough but it is for the next person ;)

Last edited:
He sounds like trouble, I'd block his username on EBay. He acts like a cheapskate looking for discounts.
It wasnt Ebay it was here ;) If I was hurting for money Ide have sold the radio on EBAY and made a few hundred more than I was asking ;)

Your post sounds like more of an explanation to the potential buyer,
No Im done wasting my time with that LOL!!! My purpose was to make sure I was not reading my response wrong and I thought I pretty much said nobodys put there fingers in the radio thats what I was looking for here but just explained the situation. The guy didnt have the money he told me right out so I knew he wasnt a potential buyer I just was just thrown for a poop with the responses I got!! Anyways most importantly you read the initial post which was whats important and you didnt say you seen where I said some guy had his fingers in the radio thats all this was about because the same thing happened yesterday with another of his replies. Anyways people just have to be careful which most of us know and can pick up on ;) It was pretty bad that I actually got confused by the flipped around replies.

If it was wrth anything Ide have explained to the other guy in a message where he misread and I did that and thats when I thought maybe he was confused so I posted what was said and like I said you didnt see where I may have confused the poor guy so Im going with it was a game its ok I read what I said a few times and didnt see anything that may confuse anyone or most people not making fun of people who may not read or comprehend by any means ;)

What's wrong with an 11 meter guy havin his hands in it anyways:whistle:
I haven't been on this forum very long, but if you pay a lil attention, you kinda know who to trust, who not too. I think your a stand up guy myself tonyv225.
73s

Reactions: Mudfoot
if your reply and ad are anything like this thread, I can see why he's confused.

is this your reply?
""" this other guy wanted it for $600.00 shipped and insured I said Ide let it go for $650.00 Shipped as the $50.00 would cover the shipping packing and insurance so I would have already dropped the price there as wasnt going to kill me ya know that guy said the same his spending limit was $600.00 which was to bad as the radio here was not beat and owned by an 11 meter guy that had his fingers in it. Ive had no issues ever but then again I am the second owner of this rig and the original owner was an elderly retired man that him and his wife traveled in an RV I wish I could find the note with his callsign as Im curious is to if hes still around.""""

because here's where you say it was owned by an 11 meter guy that had his fingers in it.
the radio here was not beat and owned by an 11 meter guy that had his fingers in it
did you mean to say:
the radio was not beat or owned by an 11 meter guy with his fingers in it.
?

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
I get beat up all the time from people I question about how they stated so0mething and what they really meant. Punctuation can make all the difference as well.

Let's eat, Grandma.

or is it

Let's eat Grandma.

Capitals are important too.

How about I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse
or
I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

I get beat up all the time from people I question about how they stated so0mething and what they really meant. Punctuation can make all the difference as well.

Let's eat, Grandma.

or is it

Let's eat Grandma.

Capitals are important too.

How about I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse
or
I helped my uncle jack off a horse.
I guess as far as the horse it depends what a guy likes. I cant stop laughing!! C.K. When you were born they broke the mold afterwords.LMAO!!!

Last edited:
Well, you tell me which phrase conveys the meaning you wanted, the one you wrote:

"the radio here was not beat and owned by an 11 meter guy that had his fingers in it."

Or this one:

"the radio here was not beat and was NOT owned by an 11 meter guy that had his fingers in it."

Or put it another way, how would you have said it WAS owned by an 11 meter guy in that phrase.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.