• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help

TRUSTY RUSTY

Apr 14, 2010
first off hello its my first time posting on the forum . im also new to cb radios but i got my first set up its a cobra 29 with a 4000 watt antenna and i dont know anything about how to adjust it ive been using it and people tell me it sounds good up to about 5 miles or so what do you guys out there set yours at like the swr,rf dynamike ect i dont know how to adjust any of it any help would be very helpful thanks

Reactions: mackmobile43

Welcome to the forum Rusty, most guys including me crank the RF Gain fully clockwise which will allow you to hear signals further away.

As for the Dymamic turn it until you reach maximum deflection of the rf section of the meter but this can and will vary with mics and voices so your best bet there is to just ask for radio checks with someone at about a mile or 2 to see if your audio is too raspy.

As for the swr cal that is a function of the radio for checking the radio's match with the antenna and really isn't all that reliable, you should really have a meter dedicated for swr calibration of the antenna and then you can keep tabs on that setting with the function on the radio.

You can get a pretty good little swr/power meter from radio shack, that's right I said radio shack.
This<<<< (click there) little jewel will fit the bill. (y)

Oh! what kinda antenna do you have, name brand specific.

thanks for the advise . im working 7/12s right now but as soon as i get a day off im hitting radio shack then ill be asking how to use the meter to fine tune one step at a time i dont know the name of the antenna i got it was used and the guy said it was a good one but i dont know what brand its metal with a big coil at the bottom of it. thats all i know about it . thanks a bunch for the help . next im gonna want the echo and talk back bbut like isaid one step at a time figure i better learn how to use it all the way first then tune it up .

thanks for the advise . im working 7/12s right now but as soon as i get a day off im hitting radio shack then ill be asking how to use the meter to fine tune one step at a time i dont know the name of the antenna i got it was used and the guy said it was a good one but i dont know what brand its metal with a big coil at the bottom of it. thats all i know about it . thanks a bunch for the help . next im gonna want the echo and talk back bbut like isaid one step at a time figure i better learn how to use it all the way first then tune it up .
It comes with instructions but please feel free to ask any and all ?'s

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.