• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Helping the cb revival along

Slo ? That 41 cal ? I think Ralph is right ? When I was younger & my lungs were perfect , I think I could shoot a bean thru a straw faster ! All in jest ! :D ( but True ) Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

IH40 from Arizona into Oklahoma, today. Almost 600-miles of:

- 18F.
- 20 to 30/mph headwind.
- precipitation as rain, snow & sleet.
- record low temps forecast.

You’d best believe that of the more than two dozen wrecks I saw today that a CB radio would have been early warning or how to ask advice on how to drive for nearly every one of them.

A long day at the wheel. And a long one on the air.

Eldo828, the worst of it were the two rest areas east of the ‘dillo at MM 130. Eight (8) in five miles. Either side of that 3,000’ ridge. Sheet-ice.

Y’all can put out a sign on the EB downslope, make it official: “Gupta Gorge”.

The related brainiacs were panicking and pulling off on exit ramps to park the rest of the way to Shamrock. Oughter be fun tomorrow trying to climb those slopes to the crossover . . . and make it back down the other side given the worsening forecast.

But really cool wreck was the guy WHO JUMPED A HILL with tractor and trailer on the WB side just west of the EB rest area. That kept us talking all the way into Oklahoma (makes my day the Erick Scale is closed).

Evel Kneivals Great-Nephew.

Think I’m not leaving the big rest area till two hours past sunrise. Down here at a cozy 2,000’ feet after a day mainly above 6,000’.

Boys, there ain’t nothing like a nice long grunt in a 20F portable shitter after a day like that.

Last edited:
IH40 from Arizona into Oklahoma, today. Almost 600-miles of:

- 18F.
- 20 to 30/mph headwind.
- precipitation as rain, snow & sleet.
- record low temps forecast.

You’d best believe that of the more than two dozen wrecks I saw today that a CB radio would have been early warning or how to ask advice on how to drive for nearly every one of them.

A long day at the wheel. And a long one on the air.

Eldo828, the worst of it were the two rest areas east of the ‘dillo at MM 130. Eight (8) in five miles. Either side of that 3,000’ ridge. Sheet-ice.

Y’all can put out a sign on the EB downslope, make it official: “Gupta Gorge”.

The related brainiacs were panicking and pulling off on exit ramps to park the rest of the way to Shamrock. Oughter be fun tomorrow trying to climb those slopes to the crossover . . . and make it back down the other side given the worsening forecast.

But really cool wreck was the guy WHO JUMPED A HILL with tractor and trailer on the WB side just west of the EB rest area. That kept us talking all the way into Oklahoma (makes my day the Erick Scale is closed).

Evel Kneivals Great-Nephew.

Think I’m not leaving the big rest area till two hours past sunrise. Down here at a cozy 2,000’ feet after a day mainly above 6,000’.

Boys, there ain’t nothing like a nice long grunt in a 20F portable shitter after a day like that.

Glad you made it safe across this blizzard part of the country. Things are worse today, wrecks, power lines down and the ice is several inches thick on most roads with several closed down. The company won't let us drive in it so for the time being it's at the house not making any money. They're calling for more ice and snow and not clearing out until Friday so by then I'll be like a dog out of his kennel when I hit that gate grabbing gears.

Keep America moving but stay safe in doing so Slowmover

Glad you made it safe across this blizzard part of the country. Things are worse today, wrecks, power lines down and the ice is several inches thick on most roads with several closed down. The company won't let us drive in it so for the time being it's at the house not making any money. They're calling for more ice and snow and not clearing out until Friday so by then I'll be like a dog out of his kennel when I hit that gate grabbing gears.

Keep America moving but stay safe in doing so Slowmover

I’m taking my SLOW time this morning.
5-hours over 10-hour break.
Let the early birds prep the road.

Word is from here to OKC is the same (stay right lane).
East of city, supposed to be better.

I’ll aim at Joplin, MO. Not many miles but good enough.
MO hills on IH44 need another day of warmth.

Radio is pretty quiet as Ive had leisurely breakfast.
Break out winter clothing, etc.

Glad now I didn’t stop at Amarillo. Took an extra hour to get this far due to worsened conditions.

Keeping 21,000 of America’s beer cans safe.

Edit: Down to 1500’ at Clinton. Snow, not ice. Dirty, but easy. 32F at 1115.

Thx

Last edited:
I’m taking my SLOW time this morning.
5-hours over 10-hour break.
Let the early birds prep the road.

Word is from here to OKC is the same (stay right lane).
East of city, supposed to be better.

I’ll aim at Joplin, MO. Not many miles but good enough.
MO hills on IH44 need another day of warmth.

Radio is pretty quiet as Ive had leisurely breakfast.
Break out winter clothing, etc.

Glad now I didn’t stop at Amarillo. Took an extra hour to get this far due to worsened conditions.

Keeping 21,000 of America’s beer cans safe.

Edit: Down to 1500’ at Clinton. Snow, not ice. Dirty, but easy. 32F at 1115.

Thx

fo yo info its decent in mo.remember im bout 35 miles northeast o the i44 at state line area

Right pleasant in Joplin tonight. Just above freezing with rain.
That’s an improvement over yesterday.

Another long day on the CB. Took 2.5-hrs to get to El Reno (metro OKC) today at 117-miles. Didn’t get above 45-mph.

So much ice on truck when I stopped for fuel (started clean after a brush-off) truck engine was starting to overheat and couldn’t any longer TX on CB.

Elevation and road condition correlated.

1500’? Great!

2000’? Crawl

3000’? You’re screwed.

Told westbound they MIGHT make it to Shamrock, TX at 2,000’ before starting the climb to the ridge. Super Truckers pooh-poohed that. So I asked if they’d seen any eastbound traffic?

Went silent on that one, they did.

And had they seen ANY plows working the east side? (No). Maybe oughta pullover before Sayre and the Flying J as that’s THE LAST TRUCKSTOP before Armadillo (of any size).

Oklahoma is happy to see you leave. And making it easy. (Ha!)

I travelled pretty much all by myself for that 2.5 hours. No other eastbound cars or trucks except the occasional one till almost arrived.

Last edited:
And today at 630 am till715 am several locals chatted on 31 am.i joined in. Hope this is a seeding for big crop on cb radio

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated