• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Henry 2K2

3200 volts? I was just going by datsun66's post about 2100 which I admit I thought was quite low for 3-500Z's. I wonder if the taps are set right or there is problem's with the filter caps.

If I had to guess I would say it is the resistors in the metering circuit out of tolerance maybe. 35 plus years old resistors may be causing error reading the voltage.

Found the manual on bama website to see what the B+ was, Henry is famous for their CCS PS and high B+.

If I had to guess I would say it is the resistors in the metering circuit out of tolerance maybe. 35 plus years old resistors may be causing error reading the voltage.

Found the manual on bama website to see what the B+ was, Henry is famous for their CCS PS and high B+.

You know it's funny how we can overlook the simple things especially when dead tired. :blink: I had about 2 1/2 hrs. sleep in the previous 39 hrs. and had worked the night shift in the middle when Ilast posted here. I agree about the metering resistors. I had a Heath DX-60 that would load up to proper plate current according to the meter but would only make 15 watts of carrier in CW mode. Swapped tubes and the same thing. I found out that the meter resistors were way out of whack and the plate current was less than half of what it should have been despite the meter reading.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.