• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Henry 8K ULTRA

Excellent amp but potential buyers should be aware if the roller inductor fails, you're totally screwed because it was a custom part made by Henry with no remaining stock available. All of the spares were sold out because they do fail.

If the amp was abused then the rollers usually have problems. They can be rebuilt by a company called kintronic labs in bristol Tennessee but isnt cheap. I repaired two of these amplifiers. One of them can be seen on my website amprepairguy.com. Shockwave is right though I would steer away from this amp and also the 3k ultra which has the same rollers for l1 and l2. Henry custom made the roller inductors in every amp they made minus the 4k ultra which has a cardwell roller inductor.They dont have any roller parts left in stock.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.