• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Here is why I was asking about the BK Precision 2040...

guitar_199

Mar 8, 2011
Deer Park, TX
This popped up 2 days ago on FB Marketplace about 20 minutes away from my house.....
I diddled and delayed.... thinking..... my Boonton 102F is probably better quality, and will do all of this... or most of it .... but today... my urge got the better of me and it is now mine.

The best part... $75.

A daughter was selling it. It once belonged to her father who worked at NASA JSC. From what she knows.... it has been under his bed for something like 30 years. She remembers that he used to use it...but then just put it all up. She was happy with the price she put on it (and, yes, SHE set the price!) and even happier that it went to a nut that will use it!!!!

From what I can see, a quick wipe with a damp rage and then dry... will take care of the front panel. No scratches even on the top. I am going to give it a run through but it looks to be working.

Hooked it up to one of the TRC-458s and

1) the attenuator behaves well and even quietly.. but it drives the radio well in all attenuator positions,

2) tried is on several channels and it gives tone ON the channel and, when you step off the channel either way..... QUIET!

3) the received audio responds properly to the %mod control. All three tones work.

4) not sure what the Delta frequency capability is for.... but it does something when I turn it on and sweep the pot.

Not sure, but I think I got off lucky on this one.

SnJ1mLY.jpg

BO5abYf.jpg

wpm32iy.jpg

pmnsq6y.jpg

Yes, you should always take out your RF and Signal Generator out for a ride - every now and then.

Visit old Haunts...

The ΔF stuff I believe is the "fine tune" the tone burst generator control next to it.

So, you can adjust the tone to match the vocal fundamental of say, the person whom is buying the radio.

Nice - don't see something that good of shape. Else usually it's coated in McDonalds Fry grease and Old Gold

Reactions: NZ8N and guitar_199
Welcome,,ROBB posted it few years back, he is one of the admin type guys here

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated