• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Here's a little entertainment hahaha

I’m guessing most of us here were clueless when we first got into radio. Sad to see a novice singled out and made fun of.

• Haha
Reactions: Rwb
Well, I find it funny because I did the exact same thing and worse I'm sure. It's not so much laughing "at him" but laughing at myself looking back at the things I did.... which actually got me to where I am now.....still making mistakes and screwing things up, just on a much larger scale :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well, I find it funny because I did the exact same thing and worse I'm sure. It's not so much laughing "at him" but laughing at myself looking back at the things I did.... which actually got me to where I am now.....still making mistakes and screwing things up, just on a much larger scale :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Exactly.

Reactions: nbsr and Rwb
I am debating if this video is meant to be entertaining, like the old video that Sparky did to poke fun of people doing online videos. The video when he set the radio on fire and tuned a dial and adjusted the height of the flame. And let's not forget the WV Redneck Radio videos. I am sure everyone on this forum blew out his share of protection diodes and its we all have felt stupid. Its important just to have fun and learn not to do it again after the third time.

In the description of the video it said he sent it to friends for help on his install.

I'm sure we have all done dumb things with this hobby. I have had at least two radio I had to have the protection diodes replaced.
I am surprised I haven't fried an amp or two by crossing up the input output connections.

I'm sure we have all done dumb things with this hobby.
I know I have. Mostly before YouTube existed so they weren't recorded for everyone else to see how big a dumbass I actually am.

The guy will learn. He'll make better videos. He may be cited as a "knowledgeable" source at some point. He may end up here one day reading this thread and laughing at his own ignorance then heading off to another thread to explain in great detail how to fix a radio after it's been struck by lightning, set on fire, and then fed through a metal shredder.

Reminds me of the Maxon cb that I had installed in the glove box of my '76 Ford Granada. Right next to the Alpine tape deck. In the glove box because I wanted it to appear stock. I had a stupid mag mount that was supposed to look like a cell phone antenna. It was junk and I didn't know about swr. It had a range of less than 100 feet and then it quit transmitting all together. This was in the early 90's and had no internet to help. I have come a long way, mostly with the help of this forum. Thanks to all!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.