• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Here's another Warning!

WARNING WARNING WARNING please its a WARNING WARNING WARNING they don't care about cb the last time a cber got busted was 2002-2003 maybe longer .... WARNING WARNING FCC WARNING FCC is after you lol..... i made a gate were they told this guy to quit calling about Cbers are they would lock him up...lol WARNING WARNING WARNING I put the F in the FCC....lol what a joke The FCC dont give a damm about CB WARNING WARNING

since the feds are worried about unlicensed operation I think the guy should write the FCC and tell them he is studying for his tech ticket. That should get them off his back and he can used both his rigs as he was before.

That's like driving a car without a license and getting stopped by the police, (and telling him your getting your license tomorrow) your still going to jail and paying a fine.

All getting a license does is allow him to operate those radios on 10/12m. They are still not legal to operate on CB freqs. which is what he was doing hence the referance to "Citizens Band ("CB") Radio Service station".
Are those radios certified for Licensed amateur use by the FCC?

They are allowed for amateur use only on amateur frequencies .
then why would ebay dump 99% of the 10/12 meter radios up for auction when they're deemed ok by the fcc for amateur use on amateur frequencies? makes ya wonder who's interpetation of the rules and regs are kosher?

then why would ebay dump 99% of the 10/12 meter radios up for auction when they're deemed ok by the fcc for amateur use on amateur frequencies? makes ya wonder who's interpetation of the rules and regs are kosher?

Couldn't have said it better...
If the regs aren't being interpreted properly; what does that say about their ability to enforce it judiciously as well?
The bottom line - I think - is the number of complaints made and the enforcement available. Does a 1,000 watt ststion in N Dakota have a problem with complaints as much as a 50 watt station in an area of urban sprawl? My money is on the 50 watt station catching the grief - due to the larger number of potential complaints.
Just a thought...

I am the first to say it seems messed up. I think the problem Ebay faces is that they are illegal to sell in the US and Hams have brought this point up to them. I think it is their way of keeping from any problems on their part .

i say beat the cats at there own game... when there is a ham rig on ebay you know like all the kenwoods and yaesu icom .... There all modifiable for 11 meter and free banding .... Show the proof and hammer them... so only Cb radios can be sold.. if we could get a few thousand of use to do it we could stop them at there own game...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.