• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Here's another Warning!

Any way you look at it, CW is a man who holds true to his convictions. He is like the Don Quixote of amateur radio.

I don't always agree with his posts or his stance but I will admit I admire the man for sticking to his guns.

Odd thing about CWmorse, he was recently on qrz posting something about hams revealing FEMA frequencies. As if the federal government would transmit anything classified without any encryption.

You have to wonder about somebody who hates CB so much.
Must secretly be a closet-CBer.

One thing about 11 meters that just hams just hate is that when 11 meter skip is hopping, 10 meters is deader than a door-nail.
When the sunspots are out, the 15 to 10 meter bands are better than 80, 40, and 20 meters ever could be. And 11 meters gives you that without all the red tape and old-fart baggage.

I must concede though, that having channel 19 on band-F landing on 28.085MHz is a major CB FAIL.

You know, CWMorse's posts remind me of Barney Fife's rants on the old Andy Griffith Show.

BTW, anybody who thinks CB is dead or dying hasn't been listening lately. There is massive activity on chans. 1,3,4,12,15,20, and 21 weekdays, and on every channel on weekends. At least where I live there is. Sunspot cycle 24 is just beginning, and over the next 2 years, 11 meter skip will grow like crazy. AND...hordes and hordes of amatuer operators using modified amatuer equipment (read "non type-accepted") will "invade" the 11 meter CB band. And I say, " BRING 'EM ON!" I don't care if I'm talking to a CBer, a Ham, or a truck stop hooker. I just enjoy talkin' on the radio...especially skip. I think it's time to stop the belly-aching about cber this, or ham that, or whatever, and just sit down in front of the mike, put the key down, and enjoy our hobby (which is one of the best in the world).

People like CWMorse don't have an agenda or vendetta. Their problem is that they don't have a life. Or..... what life they have is so miserable that they want everyone else to share in their misery. The best thing to do is ignore him. As far as I'm concerned, people like him aren't worth giving the time of day.

Last edited:
CW is a retired railroad clerk. I think he does have a agenda but that is just me thinking outload. Yes I think he is a radio rambo on the ham side of the issue. Board I think not. I think he is into airplanes,civil air patrol etc. CW is Just CW he can be helpful if he want's to be. but mostly a complainer of anything that hits his fancy for that day. Just like a old women.

i belive the statement is give an inch they will take a mile. and before anyone jumps im an avid cber and a ham second , but most cbers dont know where freeband ends and ham begins. some hams forget they came from the cb in the first place. the thing is if anyone wants beyond freeband and no trouble a ham ticket is easy enough to get now a days. but finger pointing and cring isnt getting no one no where

You are correct CB radio is a long way from dead. But if you want to talk to a regular american cb is the only radio medium you got.most americans are too lazt to take the ham test. You can give them a open book test but the average american us too lazy to open the book. Now I just helped a friend get his lic but he has yet had a friendly chat on the radio too many regulars chewing on him for not talking correct english on their rptr. oh well another new ham going back to CB. I tried! but the hams around here ( northern illinois)forgot to be nice still stuck in the you are not part of us . You are a newbie so get lost. another reason why ham radio will die a long and painfull death. SAD! We have only ourself to blame.73's

i'm glad i went back cbing again

Me Too...

I'm a General, but I tend to enjoy 11 meters more that Ham HF... unless I'm QSO'ing with the ESSB guys, which is the only thing that interests me... and they are trying to ban that too...

I am also waiting for the floods of people to invade the Ham bands after they dropped the CW requirement.. lets face it, The radio hobby, HAM/CB/FRS, is no match for the Internet, Cell Phones, Video Games, ETC...

Sad but true. You can blog around the world. No lic required,no test,no large tower with a large antenna,no zoning problems. Ham radio has it's place in our society but it impact is waining and getting smaller al the time.I do not think it will die a quiet death but die it will. I still enjoy radio. but it is not like it used to be. Not as fun as it should be. Yes I am a Extra class operator. But I enjoy the people on 11 meters better than most of my fellow overeducated boring self rightous brothers in hamdon. 73's

"People like CWMorse don't have an agenda or vendetta. Their problem is that they don't have a life. Or..... what life they have is so miserable that they want everyone else to share in their misery. The best thing to do is ignore him. As far as I'm concerned, people like him aren't worth giving the time of day."

hahahaha 10-4

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated