• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Heres one to ponder on awhile

yama junk owna

Apr 5, 2005
I know I know this is not feasible, but I was just wondering, what all would have to be changed in a say 23 channel radio to get it to rx and tx the murs freqs? Like I said I know this would take a lot of work and would cost more than its worth but it could be done, and if you were going to do it what would it take? Come on some of you radio Dr's chime in and tell us what we would have to do this, it is just for fun anyway.
Crystal or pll lets say one that is pll just as an example o2a is a good one allright lets hear it :!: :idea: :LOL:

why ? the money and time spent rebuilding the am unit to work on fm and the frequency conversion/retuning you probably would be able to buy a few vhf radios. could it be done sure is it practical probably not. but if you do good luck let us know how it turns out. 73

Why? Why not? I know that nobody would really want to do this it is more of a what would it take if you did type of thing, just for the heck of it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.