• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HEY MASTER CHIEF ???

well from what I understand , MC is into to this kind of thing and I know this is fairly close to him so I thought I would shoot the ad his way.

Switch Kit,
I can't say it's a 'bad' deal, but there are a couple of things I'd wanna know before getting it. In the second picture, what's that thingy at the base of the tower? Maybe a rest that the tower lays over on? If so, does it go too? And since I have a 'phobia' about aluminum crank-up towers, is it aluminum or steel?
About the 'phobia' thingy. I once got this extra-ordinarily 'good' deal on a crank-up tower. It was aluminum, even included the guy wires and anchors. Hauled it home on the top of my car (don't ask, really a 'shade-tree' type'a thingy). Not hard to put up, crank and other stuff worked really nice. Came down in a high wind... aluminum 'pretzel'! Figured I sort of 'broke even' (sort of) cuz the can recycler bought the 'pretzel'. Not that there's not 'good' aluminum towers! Just not in my extra-ordinarily 'good' deal.
- 'Doc

Are they really gonna pay you $100 to take it down and haul it off?

I honestly dont know W5LZ , like I said to FL-N , Just thought I would shoot the ad towards Cheif , I know he's into doing things lke that and if it might have been a good deal for him beings that it's not to far out of his way ? I don't know a damned thing about those towers ?

Its not a bad deal if the tower is in good shape.

This tower has straight bracing which means it is supposed to be guyed.

Triex and others made a LOT of light duty towers that were crank ups and intended for the TV antenna market back in the 70s. They were only crank up for ease of installation. HOWEVER, as they were being erected, guy wires were installed. These towers were not intended to go up and down constantly.

Most CBers will throw these up with a light weight groundplane and have no issues for years.

This tower looks to have the tilt over fixture also. If you want it and need help taking it down, I'll help you out! It will cost you a Double Double Animal Style at In-N-Out, right around the corner from Bob's house.

I don't need it Chief , just thought you might know someone that did or maybe for yourself . Wish I had a place to put it if it was worth the trouble , I bet a 10K or Alpha 5/8s would look real nice on that ,rust or no rust. Peace

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.