• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hey older hammies, what's with the attitude???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Captain Killowatt doesn't understand when I DX I'm QRMed with squeekies and other unidentied stations. I merely point out with the videos the lack of enforcement .

I understand plenty. Obviously it is you who does not understand since you had to be told more than once and as for the videos simply showing the lack of enforcement..........you ain't fooling anybody.

What’s IBTL?

There I said it.

Since I got my license a year ago, I've spent a lot of time on 20 and 40 meters. Have made a lot of contacts and listened to hundreds of qso's. Not once have I heard an operator display questionable behavior of any kind. Zippo. Nada.
Some are more business-like than others, but all have been very nice. :)

Well, I stand corrected.
Just happened onto 7.200 and heard someone yelling CQ in a high, shrill voice from his mom's basement and threatening everyone with a PW1 (whatever that is). Just as I was leaving, I heard him singing.

Still, just one goofball in over a year isn't bad. (y)

Reactions: Slowmover
my questions to you older hams are:

Are you aware that you come across this way?

I don't as I am friendly and am a CBer, myself. I've been licensed since 1984, so I guess I'm sorta an old-timer. Try running AM in one of the AM window frequencies. AMers tend to generally be among the friendliest of Hams. Hey, if we act like jerks, we run out of folks to talk to in a hurry! :)

Do you act like this in non-ham social engagements?

I act pretty much the same in all social engagements...

Do you ever bring this subject up in meetings?

I'm not a club member. Clubs bore me as they are mainly interested in repeater operation around here. I'm not a repeater kind of guy as I hang out on HF most all of the time.

Ignore the folks who are jerks. They are generally unhappy people who wish to spread their misery around. You know that misery loves company.

Steve

I remember.
philhartmanfrankestein.png

LC

Reactions: TheRealPorkchop
LOL. Literally.

Just need Carlos Sagan from one of his dis-info spectacles. . .

“ . . billions and billions of years ago”.

(Had a philosophy professor who was our formal logic instructor. Had it in for Carlos. He (we) ripped apart practically everything that guy wrote. Ha! Now, as this man was also Physics instructor, it was beautifully done: if you didn’t understand the first, he wasn’t alluding to it in the second. But there it was. Masterful).

Reactions: CollinsMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?